Chapter 59

C H A P T E R  5 9

She felt like a proper idiot for forgetting that purse. After spending a full hour in the library in anxiety, Victoria almost flew to get back to the dormitories. But, she doesn't want Draco to suspect that there is something going on. She doesn't want him knowing of anything with regards to that bloody curse her ancestor gave them.

She already feels guilty enough on lying to him about her behaviour recently, chalking it up to her way of coping with things. Victoria felt the need to get away. Away from Draco.

"Victoria?" She stopped abruptly. They were supposed to head together to the great hall for dinner but obviously, Victoria had changed her plans.

"I have to go, Dray. There's something urgent I need to do." She's just itching to run all the way to the dungeons because she just know that there will be answers to her questions on that book.

But, Draco frowned and shook his head.

"Is someone's life at stake?" His question caught her completely off guard.

"Huh?" She uttered because what is he going on about?

"You said, you need to do something urgent. That urgent thing you need to do --is someone's life at stake?" It was Victoria's turn to frown and she shook her head no.

Draco closed the few distance between them and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Then let's go eat dinner." Those mesmerising eyes that always takes her breath away has her trapped and she like drowning --drowning in anxiety. Victoria looked down and nodded minutely.

Draco smiled at her and kissed her head before intertwining their fingers and leading her to the direction of the mess hall.

She couldn't stay still, Victoria also couldn't keep on eating.

"Is everything, alright?" Jullienne whispered from beside her.

Victoria's eyes flickered to Draco who was invested in a conversation with Thunder and Blaise.

"We'll talk later." She murmured just enough for her friend to here and that's exactly when Draco turned to her smiling that sunshine smile of his, his hand going to the small of Victoria's back in a comforting way. As if he knew she doesn't feel alright.

She couldn't wait til they finally retire to their dormitories. In the meantime, she busied herself on playing with her food because if she doesn't she knows full well she is going to act upon that familiar itch on her left wrist.

"I feel guilty, Jullie." Victoria frowned, they were lying in their respective beds within the safety confines of their bedroom. She told her how she lied to Draco and hid everything from Draco. And she feels guilty --so, so, guilty.

"V, to be honest it's not that big of a lie. But, then again, you've never lied in your entire life." Victoria turned to her side to look at her friend. "But, you never tell anyone what you think or how you feel about things either."

And wow, that was a very smooth hit. Victoria didn't expect that nor did she deny Jullienne's claim because it's true.

The only person she ever felt she could be completely honest is Draco. And now she's lying to him; keeping secrets even.

Victoria couldn't take that. They only reconciled months ago. Draco trusts her. If he knew about everything, he would most definitely feel betrayed and heartbroken --she knows him full well and she knows how he will react once he does know about everything.