Chapter 60

C H A P T E R  6 0

It took three days before Victoria found a record of what seemed to be a foretelling through recurring dreams.

It started with a girl named Maria Josephine Tourwynne who lived in the 1720. The first dream she had was when she was seven, it was about her pet cat dying --as a child the dream was pretty traumatic and seeing as it was reoccurring, Maria's mother had it recorder in her own journal until Maria could write a journal for herself.

But, it didn't stop there, her youngest son, Charles seemed to have inherited his mother's clairvoyance --according to Maria herself. And the same happened to his children, and so on.

They traced the rest of the books that followed and at least one of the children gained the ability and it never skipped a generation.

And it seemed that Victoria's grandmother had the same questions as her, the journal she is currently reading belonging to Maryssa Louise Partriche, her grandmother who is spending her days in a mental institution. Or that's what Victoria originally thought, not until she made it to the last pages where the familiar handwriting of her mother is filling up the papers.

"The last days of Maryssa was spent in the American Mental Institution for Witches and Wizards in Salem. She was diagnosed with severe depression and was having hallucinations where she claimed that there will be more blood shed than the last. Maryssa seemed to have seen the same thing her daughter have seen for the past months. Maryssa Louise Partriche-Kendricks died last Decemeber 12, 2014."

She frowned at the sight of those words. Was that the reason why their mother asked for them back in America? Victoria just feels so guilty for not being there for her mother but she just couldn't ignore the feeling of need to stay with her father that day. It was nagging at the back of her head and she couldn't find the words to it.

Victoria closed the journal, the latest one in the collection. She laid the book on her bedside table as she sighed loudly to herself, her eyes trained on the window of their shared dormitory. But, she wasn't looking. She never was, her mind is deep in thought as she absorbed everything she's learned in the past few days.

"Knock, knock." It made her jerk a little, her head turned to the door that lead to the common rooms where Jullienne was peaking her head in. Her friend smiled at her softly.

"Draco's asking if you're still up to your date today." Of course, their fucking date. How could she forget about that? She wants to slap her forehead silly because she was too immersed in the journals --stuck in the world her ancestors had painted for her in words-- that she forgot about the world she currently is in right now.

"Yeah, tell him I'll be down in 15." She smiled, her cheery self returning --the sadness and melancholy, buried deep within her not meant to be seen the world just like it has always been supposedly.

Victoria got up with hurry and picked out a warm outfit, the slight chill the winter air has left is still there and she dares not risk being cold up here in north.

She brought her garb with her and went inside the shared bathroom to take a quick shower, hoping with crossed fingers that there was still enough warm water. Having your dormitories in the bottom part of the castle has its cons and one of those is often being left with only cold water to shower with.

But, then again, she can will it to be warm. She's been practicing in taming her magic that seem to seep out of her tiny vessel.

As she turned the water knob however, the water came out warm and she didn't waste any more time in hastening her shower. Victoria made her actions quick as can be and with three more minutes to spare out of the fifteen she asked, she was already putting her magically dried hair in a braid and placed a beanie over her head.