Chapter 65

C H A P T E R  6 5

Everyone felt it, the air was thick with grief and sorrow. Victoria still couldn't help but feel remorse, she feels so guilty.

She could have stopped it, she know that for sure. She shouldn't have helped him with the egg, she should have seen it all coming.

What was the purpose of her abilities if she couldn't save the people she care about?

The Great hall was draped with silent shuffles as the students from different schools gathered and yet, all Victoria could think about was the hatred she unconsciously gave to herself.

She was too deep into her thoughts that she jumped on her seat when, she felt an arm draped on her shoulders. Victoria turned to look at Draco's eyes, the usual tense demeanor of the boy completely gone.

His mercurial eyes soft with understanding, as if he knows what's going on her head. And maybe, he actually does.

Because, all throughout the ceremony he just held her hand, making comforting touches with his thumb.

And as they made their way silently back to the dormitories, he stayed right beside her.

"Do you want to rest?" Draco asked when they made it inside the common room, Victoria looked up at him.

Contemplating.

She honestly don't know what to do or what to feel anymore.

She feels confused, overwhelmed, yet void at the same time.

Does she want to rest?

Victoria's worried if she does she will get those dreams again.

She's afraid if she does see them again, she won't be able to stop them from happening and seeing them before they do happen is making her light-headed.

She shook her head no.

Draco smiled softly at her, leading her towards a seat by the color stained glass window.

They both took a seat, hands still intertwined.

Victoria leaned back on the cushions, her eyes wandering to the sight on the window.

She wasn't observing anything, nor is she trying to think about everything at all.

She feels tired but she doesn't want to rest.

Draco observed her features, she looked nothing like the Victoria he knows.

The girl sitting beside him looked tired, exhausted even. Everything felt dark and cold around her.

The magic she was emanating felt drastically depressing and Draco wonders how he is able to withstand it.

He knows everyone can feel it too.

He doesn't know what's happening with her. He doesn't know why she's so down. He doesn't understand nor does he has a clue as to why she feels so down.

She's gone completely closed off and Draco doesn't know how tread around her.

He didn't want to cause anymore heartbreak to the poor girl.

"Vicky?" The couple looked to the direction of Julienne.

"Your brother's outside, he wants to talk to you."

She let go first, without sparing a glance to Draco and headed back towards the common room's entrance.

He could only watch with this tight feeling inside his chest as he watched her walk away from him.