Chapter 38

C H A P T E R  3 8

Victoria made her way outside the classroom, Draco right on her heels.

"Victoria, wait!" The blond called, but she continued her brisk walk in the empty hallway not even sparing him a glance.

She turned to open a classroom she knew to be empty, Draco following suit.

"Whatever it is that I've done, I'm sorry." Draco mumbled, his eyes trained on the floor.

"You didn't even realize what you did wrong?" The girl turned to look at him, anger blazing within her eyes.

She's trying her best not to explode because she doesn't even know the limit to her own power so she caged everything, with her best abilities, in.

She just wants to smack him in the face.

Breathe, Victoria. Breathe.

She stared holes at the door behind Draco. She can't even be bothered with looking at him right now.

"If it's because I was avoiding you last night, I'm so sorry that I'm such a coward. If it's about me making a rude comment when I slipped by you in the common room last night, I'm sorry that I'm so selfish." Draco says, looking up to meet the eyes of the girl in front of him. She looked too beautiful and angelic that he's not sure most of time he's around her if she's even real or just a figment of his imagination.

The tension within the room could be cut with a knife and the silence that followed Draco's words made him worry.

Is it too late already?

Involuntarily, Draco clenched his hands into tight fists because he just felt so stupid. He wants to beat himself to pulp with his own bare hands.

"Coward? Selfish?" Confusion swam through her beautiful blue orbs, anger slowly dissipating.

"Coward, because I was scared that you already figured out what I felt before I did." Draco made a hesitant step forward but he made it nonetheless. He was tired of being afraid.

Victoria kept eye contact yet a step backward was made, trapping herself between a counter and the advancing of the boy in front of her.

Figured what? She thought to herself, sweat forming on her forehead and her heart beating way too fast she's afraid that if Draco got anymore closer, he'll be able to hear it.

"Selfish, because I don't want to be the only one suffering." He stopped right in front of her, his eyes scanning her face.

Just another step closer and they'll be touching.

He took the moment to appreciate the beauty in front of him. The way her unbelievably auburn hair framed her face, her long curled lashes brushing her cheeks every time she blinks and her eyes that resembles the ocean, thick arched eyebrows that is currently furrowed. The high cheekbones gave her a contoured look with a slight blush complementing her fair skin. Tiny, barely noticeable freckles littered her cheeks and through the bridge of her small pointy nose. Lusciously, plump, pink cupid's bow as lips that are turned to an adorable frown.

This girl is absolute perfection and he feels so lucky to be able to stand in her presence. And he feels so ashamed to want to hurt her, he feels like a proper evil person for ever wanting any harm to befall upon this angel. She deserves to be taken care of and to be loved and to be cherished.

Draco doesn't know if he can do those things but he sure as well might try.

"What did I ever do to you?" Victoria asked him, sadness laced her voice. Because everything vanished and only sadness and confusion are enveloping her core.

If Draco's going to keep on talking in codes, she might just leave this room and never talk to him again because she's tired of the emotional rollercoaster that she goes through being involved with Draco Malfoy.

"If I were to keep falling, I didn't want to be the only one hurting if I get to be broken." He breathes, his eyes staring long and deep into her soul. Goosebumps covered her arms as she tried to keep up with Draco's words, her abnormally beating heart, and her thoughts all at once.

"I thought I could also hurt that one person who got me into this mess." She couldn't hold all these within her head. He wanted to hurt the person who got him into a mess? What kind of mess? And who is this person?

"I thought that there was a huge possibility that I'd be hurting at the end of the long dive." What? Why? Victoria couldn't believe the logic that came up after summing up all he had said to her. He can't be, can he?

"I've gotten way too deep now and I've started not giving a damn if I reach the end of the free fall headfirst. And I've stopped all the things I've been doing to hurt her because I realized that there's no way for her to deserve it at all." Draco says, finally breaking their eye contact looking at anywhere but her, and Victoria gasped through his words.

He's falling for someone that could potentially be not into him at all. And it broke her heart because why not? After all the years being around Draco, she understood him. She understood what it feels like to be constantly reminded of how you're supposed to be and to act like it, she knows because they're both living in the same world. To be someone you're not, keeping up with the image of someone that's never been you, walking in the shadow of someone who thinks of you as someone that has to be like them. To be prim and proper, to look down on people lower than you, to associate yourself with people who will only bring you more power and connections.

For her, Draco was simply a victim. She doesn't blame him for his actions, she understood. He didn't deserve to be deprived of everything he should have but he is and she just wants to hold him close and keep him away from cruel world.

Her eyes studied the way Draco's shoulders were hunched forward and how his eyes were trained on the floor, a frown etched across his face. He looked so small and fragile and nothing like that pompous boy who walked in through their mansion's foyer almost nine years ago.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I messed up with the timeline a bit. I realized it would go better if they already met at a much younger age. I edited the first chapters.

Or maybe really redid them, go check it out 😂

It won't affect the other chapters starting from 21 which will probably be another chapter once I'm done revising them.

I'll also probably go through the later chapters as well, just to make sure I didn't made any unforgiveable mistakes (like the 11 year-old me giving characters long ass names, wtf younger me?)

But yeah, I'll be working on the older chapters so it'll probably take some time before I get to update again. Though there's no need to worry since I've been very productive because of the quarantine so expect a couple of chapters uploaded per active day.

Should they kiss or not?

They're like my kids, I don't want them kissing anyone at 14 yet. They're just babieeeeesssss.

Anyway,

Stay safe.

Stay hydrated.

Stay cool.

TPWK.

Vote, Fan, Comment.

MyS_WIB xx

9.5.2020