Chapter 47

C H A P T E R  4 7

Victoria was back at the train on the way home. She already bid her friends good bye, wishing them a good time. She profusely apologized to Draco who only chuckled at her and kissed her head, telling her it's alright and that he'll be waiting for her return.

Julian was sitting opposite her, both of them occupied with their own world.

She closed her eyes, her body drained from what, she doesn't know.

"We'll be leaving by floo this time." She turned to look at Julian who was staring into the glass window.

"Not portkey?" She asked, referring to the time where they left for her grandparents place in Ireland. Julian just shook his head.

"Papa had our floo connected with the one at America. A lot of paperwork was done but he was able to sort it out." She nodded, not interested at all. After all she won't be going.

Their father was there when they arrived, a solemn smile on his face. Like a little daddy's girl, Victoria ran towards him hugging her father tightly.

"I missed you." She whispered, the last time she was very vocal about her emotions to her father was when she was 11. She became a teenager right after that.

Her father was taken aback by his daughter's actions but they weren't unwanted. He held her to him and kissed her head.

"Let's go?" He said, letting go of her once Julian made it to them.

They didn't waste anymore time and Apparated home.

"You'll be leaving tomorrow around noon time, so you'll arrive around 7 or 8." Anthony told his children when they made it home.

"Papa, I don't want to go." She looked at him dead on the eyes. She wants to let him know that she's serious about this and that she's not interested in any excuses her father would give her.

But, the look on his face made her stagger on her own two feet.

He just looked so defeated.

She wasn't able to take a good look on his face earlier but now that she does, she can see how tired he is.

"Are you alright, Papa?" She asked softly, her eyebrows creased with concern for her father.

He smiled wearily at her.

"I'll be fine."

"I'm going to stay here with you, Papa." She said, more sofltly. Her father surely had a hard time during their stay at Hogwarts, what with all the paperwork for the divorce and for the floo network business. It was a good thing he works in the International Magical Cooperations Department in the Ministry of Magic or the paperwork for the connection of the floo network from Europe to America would take much longer.

Her father shook his head, the smile still on his face.

Victoria doesn't want to see that smile. It was full of sadness and pain and defeat. She doesn't want to see that on her father, he was always the epitome of bravery, someone she always look up to. He never backs down in any of the cases he handles, always fights with everything he has. He never gives up. He never loses hope.