Chapter 51

C H A P T E R  5 1

Victoria felt the happiest she has been since the holidays, the little rendezvous she had with Draco earlier was the highlight of her entire week coming back to Hogwarts and she highly doubt anything would surpass what happened earlier this evening.

With a giddy smile still plastered on her face, she tucked herself in her covers thinking about how happy she felt and how she wishes the happiness would stay until the morrow and the rest of her days.

But, she remembered what her mother had written in that letter.

Things are turning for the worse, my love. We cannot do anything to stop it. We can only watch it unfold. We are meant to only watch as people we love are lost. That is what hurts the most, for no matter what happens everything will always end up badly in our part, Victoria. Our fate is ill and our stories end the same.

Make do with what you can in the present, for you might not have another chance. Live until there is no life left, my love.

She clenched the duvet closer to her body, the butterflies swarming in her stomach had ceased and the slight pang in her heart made her draw in a large breath.

Make use of what she has.

Victoria would do just that.

Pain.

Intolerable pain doused her body.

She couldn't move and Victoria never felt as scared as she is in this moment.

She could only gape her mouth as everything unfolded on her sight.

The green flashes of light.

The graveyard.

The dark Lord rising again.

She doesn't understand what's happening.

She never felt this before. She never found herself in the likes of this situation before.

Victoria felt overwhelming dread.

She woke up with a jolt, beads of sweat coming out of every possible pore in her body. Her head feeling like as if it was slammed on a wall with all the throbbing. Her breath was coming out of her lips in an uneven manner, she felt as if her lungs was on fire.

That dream she had.

Or was it really just a dream?

She sat upright on the bed, her back resting on the headboard as she clutched on to her aching head, wanting nothing more than easing her agony.

The world felt like it was rotating faster than it's supposed to and the rising nausea caused her to scramble for the bathroom, puking just in time for the toilet.

She emptied the small content of her stomach into the toilet, tears streaming on her face.

She never felt confusion and dread as bad as she feels it right now.

Victoria tried her best to cover up the evidence of her lack of sleep but Jullienne saw through it.

"Bad night?" She asked, as she brushed her hair and looked at Victoria through the mirror.

"No. Just couldn't sleep is all." Victoria muttered, pulling her bag higher on her shoulder. She told Jullienne that she would be going ahead before rushing outside, not even waiting for her friend's reply. Her mind is way too occupied right now, the questions kept coming and the headache doesn't help her situation. She didn't even notice Draco slipping in beside her, his brows furrowed as he studied his girlfriend.