Chapter 29

C H A P T E R  2 9

VICTORIA

I hurriedly tied my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my backpack from the floor and ran down the dormitories, reaching the common room I accidentaly bumped on someone, I regained my balance and apologized, looking up only to see a pair of steely-gray eyes boring into my emerald ones.

"Hey." Draco smiled, looking down at me.

"Hello, uh, sorry about that." I said taking a step back, taking note of our close proximity, I could smell his perfume.

He smelled really good, though I can't pinpoint what exactly his scent even though it was oddly familiar. I'm never good with my sense of smell.

"Where were you going in such a rush?" He asked, casually.

"Breakfast, I forgot to set my alarm and now I'm running late with my schedule." I said, taking a look at my wristwatch.

Shoot, its 8:30 already.

"Okay, then. I should let you go since, you're late." He smiled, then took a step aside.

I smiled at him gratefully and muttered a "thanks".

"See you, later then, Tori." He said, just in time before I could get out of the potrait hole.

"See you, Draco." I retaliated, voice just enough for him to hear me.

Indeed, it was Saturday and the submission of names of those who wanted to join the tournament would be at the Great Hall but, that was currently not scheduled on my planner to make time and watch aspirants to put their names in a goblet.

Reaching the slytherin table, I made my way to Thunder, Julliene not on sight.

I hastily dropped my bag beside me and quickly took a couple of toast and jam.

"Where are you going with your backpack? Have you, by any chance, forgot that today's Saturday?" Thunder asked, munching on his roll.

"No, I have not. I just have to finish a couple of homeworks and then research for some stuffs." I answered, taking a bite of my toast.

"After that?" Someone said, taking the vacant seat beside me.

I looked to find Draco, leaning forward the table grabbing himself some pancakes.

"Advance reading," I answered nonchalantly, pushing back my glasses.

"What? But its the weekends!" Thunder exaggerated, throwing his hands in the air. Completely oblivious to the fact that my once archnemesis is now currently sitting beside me, all differences, set aside.

"And? I don't see advance reading at the weekends so wrong at all." I shruged and gave him a knowing look.

"You are going to miss the fun here, woman." He said, pointing his roll at me dramatically before popping it into his mouth.

"I don't see anything fun on watching aspirants shoving up a piece of parchment into the goblet of fire." I said, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice.

Finishing my breakfast, I stood up and grabbed my bag, wished the two a good day and almost ran towards the library.

Settling into my usual spot, a table for two hidden by a shelf all about magical artifacts and is placed right beside a window, I sank to the soft chair and quietly dropped my bag onto the floor.

I don't want Madame Pince to kick me out anytime of the day now, just because I was making a not too loud noise.

Sometimes it actually makes me think if she has supersensitive ears or something. She just like, swoops down on students who make noises that are barely heard, a couple of tables away.

Okay, maybe I'm just exaggerating, but still.

I silently took out my Arithmancy book, some parchments, a quill, and a pot of ink.

I started on scribbling down the answers as quiet as possible, halting in some occassion for reference on my book.

Time has passed, I haven't even noticed it was already lunch. If it weren't for that certain platinum blond haired lad who came up to "study".

He certainly did not came here to study, he came here to cause nuissance to my existence. I had to hit him a couple of times on the arm whenever he does something stupid.

"Hey, aren't you going down, yet?" Draco whispered, trying to get me look up from my parchement but to no avail.

"No." I whispered back, my eyes still glued to the piece of parchment.

"Aren't you hungry? Its already lunch time, y'know." Draco said, closing the book that I had lent him last night.

"Is it now?" I said, scanning my eyes through the words making sure I didn't get any facts wrong.

He hummed, then nodded his head.

I measured the height of the parchment. Sighing heavily, I packed my things hastily.

I look at my wristwatch, only to find out that its half past twelve.

I stood up and slung the bag on my shoulder. I walked noiselessly towards the door and started to jog all the way to the Great Hall.

I could hear Draco's echoing footsteps in the deserted corridors.

"Hey, Victoria! Wait up!" I sighed in exasperation but didn't stop at all.

Finally catching up to me, Draco fell in synchronization with my steps and got a hold of his breathing.

"Draco," I called his attention, my eyes never leaving the path ahead of me.

"Yeah?" I could feel his gaze turned towards me through my peripheral vision.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, halting at once as finally the words had slipped out of my mouth.

"Doing what?" He stopped, looking at me in a dumbfounded manner.

"This. Acting as if we were friends who had a fight for just a couple of weeks and reunited like nothing happened." I blurted out, finally letting the words that have been bothering me all night to escape my lips.

He stood there, the dumbfounded look still stuck on his unbelievably handsome face, his pinkish lips zipped together in a concave form.

He frowned.

"To be honest, I don't really know." He said. His stormy grey eyes meeting mine.

"There's this something that keeps me drawing towards you. I just can't pinpoint what and it's kinda disturbing." Draco said, shrugging and shoving his hands inside his robes pockets.

"And you're trying to figure out what that something is, aren't you?" I concluded whilst walking at a slow pace.

Nevermind, lunch. I'm not hungry anyway.

"Yes, just like what they say, 'curiosity kills the sphinx'." He replied.

"So, until then, you'd be my friend. What if you'll figure it out tomorrow? Would you stop being my friend then?" I questioned, turning my head sideways to look at his face.

Studying him carefully, I did.

He smiled, that cute little smile he does when his face doesn't do that well-trained smirk he got from his father.

A smile even I couldn't comprehend what it means. A smile I knew would probably be the end of me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Unedited.

I make really cringe worthy stories, like, ew.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you guys next time. Adios xx

Vote, Fan, Comment 🙆