Chapter Eight

She was the making of me.
She was so true, so sure of me.
And I had an enteral love
someone I must never forget.
-My mother.

Mr Ahmed

"Uncle Ahmed why hasn't Layla come yet ?" Imad asked, disappointed.

"I don't know buddy. How about we call her," I told him. I removed my phone from my pocket and called her. Even though I really did not want to call her. Who is she to criticize me and my family... I did call her but she didn't pick up. I told Imad that she was probably at home, making his favorite foods. Why didn't she show up? She shows great affection towards Imad, yet she breaks her promise to him.

"Okay," he said in a low voice. The whole journey home in the car, Imad sulked. I just don't understand why she did this. We got back to the mansion and everything was so still, there was no talks in the kitchen. I looked at Imad and he seemed curious as I was. Layla then walked down the stairs, holding her phone. I looked at her, specifically at her eyes. She's looks different, somehow broken. Imad ran to her and hugged her, but she didn't even flinch. Layla looked lifeless.

"Layla why didn't you come to the airport? The soccer match was so cool. I got my jersey signed by Messi," Imad spoke excitedly. Layla didn't respond instead she just continued walking. I am not sure she was aware of where she's going.

"Imad go to your room and get some rest," I told him. Knowing for sure, something is wrong. But it doesn't concern me.
Layla went to the kitchen. Imad walked over to me and he started crying.

"Uncle Ahmed why doesn't Layla love me anymore?" He asked. I remained silent, thinking of an answer to tell him, that wouldn't hurt him.

"It's going to be okay. Just go to your room and rest," I told him. He ran up the stairs. I went to my office, trying to do my work. But my thoughts just seem to wonder off on why she could do that to Imad. It didn't matter to me, but it hurt Imad. She would never hurt him.

Layla

"Your mother died this morning at 11:06 am."
That's the only thing I thought about, replaying in my mind. Trying to be aware of my reality. I couldn't even cry as I was still in a shock. I didn't know what to do. But I had just seen her earlier in this morning... I went to see her and she was okay. My mother was breathing. She was alive.
...

***
Thank you for reading, commenting and voting. Your kind comments are so motivational. Thank you again. ❤️

(Sorry for the really short chapter.)