Chapter Forty One

Most of the guest started leaving, and soon it was just few people who remained. I could actually count the amount of people now. There has been a woman who has been staring at me, she's sitting right in the front table. I don't know if I am over reacting but whenever I look at her direction she's look right at me. I felt a little uncomfortable, but it's probably a mere coincidence.

Today is and will be my favorite memory, I told Ahmed that I wanted to grow old with him. Cheesy right? Do you blame me? I have zero relationship experience, except for Adil. Though most of the time we talked it was about life and experiences we had and well a few cute paragraphs from him. But I hadn't reciprocated my love to any other guy — face to face, until today. It was exciting at the moment telling him that, it felt like the right thing to say.

Ahmed and I walked out of the hall, and went back to our separate suites. Sarah helped me with my hair, she removed the bobby pins used. My hair was so stiff, from all the hairspray that was used on it. I wiped my make up off with wipes. I then took a warm shower and put on comfortable clothes — a skirt and a plain top. "Are you ready?" Sarah asked me, as I combed my tangled damp hair.

"I am almost done," I replied. "I really hope the guests enjoyed the reception."

"Oh they did!" Sarah said enthusiastically. "And they also loved your gown."

"Well I am glad to hear that," I said. I tied my hair into a loose ponytail and put on my scarf. "Where is Imad? I miss him," I said and sat on the bed while I put on my shoes. 

"He is with his uncle," Sarah replied, though her concentration was completely at her phone-screen. Then her phone started ringing, her facial expression changed suddenly, she looked sad. "I have to take this..." She said still looking at her phone, and walked out of the door. I just pray that nothing bad happened. Before I left the suite, I put on my cardigan. I wanted to tell Sarah that I was going to see Ahmed but I didn't want intrude her whilst on the phone. I got a feeling it was an important call, she was at the balcony talking. I walked out suite and along the hallway I see a woman talking to guy, I couldn't see the guys face. He was facing the woman, the same woman who was staring at me. I could tell from the dress she was wearing. It's her.

Before I walked past them, or even began to walk towards their direction. I witnessed them hug. "Ahmed I am so sorry," I overheard her say, as she let go of him. Ahmed? What. I wanted to move but it felt as if my feet were planted. So I stood there and did nothing, I didn't intervene. I just observed not knowing how to react. When Ahmed turned around and saw me, I could clearly see the shock on his face and the desolate in his eyes.

"I was just coming to get you," He said and nervously chuckles. I didn't say anything, I guess he noticed that I was still looking at the girl. "Aisha," he looked at her and said her name. "Come meet my lovely wife." I stared at her blankly, I don't understand why they had to hug. What possible reason could there be? She walked side by side with Ahmed and stood alongside him.

"Hi, it's so nice to finally meet you," she said in an orotund tone.

"Hi," I replied. Then I thought to myself... Aisha. Adil's fiancé is called Aisha, could she be the same person.

"I hope you don't mind me talking to your husband, considering our history. I just wanted to congratulate him and speak to him about important matters," She spoke, and looked at Ahmed briefly and then looked at me.

"No I don't mind," I replied and looked at Ahmed who remained silent, and shifted his gaze to the floor. "Um I'll go get ready and get my stuff." I walked away, and headed for the suite. When I entered inside, I noticed that Sarah was still at the balcony. I decided to check up on her. "Hey is everything okay?" I spoke as I walked in the balcony.