A Number?

A Number?

Ceara's P.O.V.

I got down from the train and looked around at the numerous heads moving back and forth. The place being crowded would be an understatement!

Avoiding stepping on peoples' feet and avoiding being stepped on, I finally made my way out of the city and head to the heart of the country, Tokyo. I thought of numerous places that Yato would be in and I visited all those places but I couldn't find him. Not even a single clue.

The sun was setting and I had almost given up hope on finding Yato. I was so depressed as I slumped down on the park bench. I watched the children play catch and make sand castles in the sandbox. I remembered Yato and me doing that a lot.

"Hurry up Ceara!"

"Slow down Yato! You're too fast!"

"Nah! You're too slow."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are! We're still five and you run like a fifty-five year old grandma!"

"Why you! Get back here!"

"Only if you catch me!" I ran and ran. Yato, well he ran but he tripped while turning back to laugh at me. Using the opportunity, I scrambled behind the tree and slowly climbed up, making sure Yato wouldn't know where I was.

"Ceara? C! Where are you? C?" A little further and he was right under the branch I was seated on. Three, Two, One!

I landed on him. I heard the 'oomph!' and smiled victoriously as I sat on poor seven year old Yato.

I smiled as I recalled that memory. We age slow but we made memories too fast and it all ended when Yato wanted his own shrine. The fact that Yato didn't bother to say goodbye to me, still hurt me. My nostalgic smile turned into a frown.

I sat there, staring off into the distance until a small cough snapped me out of it.

"Hello there young lady."

"Hello." It was an old man. He gave me a sweet smile and sat next to me.

"You know, kids your age should enjoy life. Smile, not frown."

"Yeah. Sorry if it bothers you sir. But I'm not a kid, sir, I am 25."

"And I am 68, which makes you a kid in my eyes." He shot me a mischievous smirk.

"I guess."

"You gotta problem, child?"

"Actually sir, I'm trying to find this old friend of mine. I've checked every place he could be at, yet you can see before you, that I failed."

"Why don't I help you?"

"You sir?"

"Well not exactly me but, I know someone who helps people. He goes around fulfilling peoples' wishes. Here." He reached into his brown coat and pulled out a pen and paper. On it, he wrote a number. "Just give him a call and tell him your problem."

I thanked the old man and we sat there talking. Technically he was talking about his younger days. Since it was getting dark, we said our goodbyes. I had already reserved a hotel room for me and I head there all tired.

Once I had freshened up, I plopped down on my bed and took out that piece of paper the old man had given me. I took my phone into my hand and dialed the number as I made myself comfortable on the bed.

One beep

Two beeps.

Three beeps--

"Hello! Thank you for calling! Fast, affordable and reliable, Delivery God Yato, at your service!"