I forgot

Ceara felt cold. With her eyes closed, she smiled. Remembering last night. She doesn't remember if Yukine and Hiyori had got back home. Possibly because, someone had her in his room, giving her the time of a lifetime. Something she had dreamt of since she knew of something like that ever existing.

She lost her innocence to her ex-to-be-husband.

Would they get back together? She didn't regret anything because none of it was forced, or out of pity or illusion. It was purely their need, attraction and love fro each other.

She smiled. Yato made her forget all the pain he had caused her before last night.

Gliding her hand on the side her God lied, she found it empty. Just rumpled sheets.

Frowning, she got up. The mirror opposite the bed gave her a good view of her wild-night hair. What was also visible were the red blotches on her fair skin. All in all, it had her smile and appreciate how good it looked. She for once loved how her red stips of hair resembled the War God's love bites.

Wrapping the sheets around her wobbly self, she padded her way, unsurely to the walk-in closet, which she had realised was open.

Peeking into the room, her eyes caught sight of her Yato. But, she frowned as she watched him rub his face with his hands. He had a frown on his face. It looked so much more like regret to her.

Her heart sank. Does he regret it? Did he not want me? Does he wish that it was Hiyori? While rummaging through her memories of her wondrous night, she looked for the point when Yato had said he loved her.

But to no avail, she never found it.

Why? Because he never said it.

Not wanting to give away her presence, she slowly stepped back, only to knock over the stool that was behind her.

She didn't bother turning her head to the stool but kept her gaze fixed to that of Yato's.

He gave her a sad smile, breaking her heart more.

She knew this would happen. Why blame herself and regret something she knew would happen?

"Why are you crying?"

Was she? Yes, she was. She still kept her eyes on the god whose expression turned to one of panic.

"Y-you regret it, don't you, Yato?" she sobbed.

"W-what?!" He jumped up, shock clearly expressed on his face. Rushing forward, in a flash he had a tight hold on her. Bringing his hands to caress her face, he wiped away the tears that slid down her cheeks with his thumb.

Looking her straight in the eyes, he spoke,"I don't regret anything, nothing at all. Last night, I had my first time with a woman that I loved since her childhood. Since the day that I shoved off a lousy pig who had my girl crying. I was just too much of a coward to accept it."

"..." My girl. Oh no, I feel like some squealing teenage human girl! But I don't care! Yato LOVES Me!!!!!!!

Oh no, why does he look sad again?!

"What's the m-matter?" she asked softly.

Letting out a tired sigh, he looked away nervously and open his mouth and closed it again.

"I-I forgot to use a condom."