I Screwed Up

I Screwed Up

Ceara's P.O.V.

Once he was done signing I snatched it from him and stood up.

"Now, I hear you take five yen as payment, so, here." I said while flipping five yen at him. "Thanks for fulfilling my wish." I smiled at them and made my way out of the cafe, not bothering to spare a glance at Yato. I wanted to get out of that place as fast as I could because I could feel Yato's intense gaxe on me.

Before he could say anything I made my way to the hotel I was staying at.

**

I plopped down on my bed, face first and let out an aggravated, muffled cry. After calming myself, I sat up on the bed. Since I'm at Tokyo, why not explore a bit before heading back to Ireland? I should explore the place that I almost would have lived at if I had married Yato.

I scrolled through a site that showed all the best places to visit when in Tokyo. Once making a checklist of all the places to visit, I decided to take a little nap and then head out for lunch.

Yato's P.O.V.

Guilt. Immense guilt. That's all I felt. I had called my best-friend a friend and also acted like nothing happened between us. I was a coward because after having been told about the betrothal, I eventually stopped visiting Ceara because I was.. well, I was a coward.

Is she mad at me? It was a shock seeing Ceara in Tokyo and what was even more surprising was how she snapped at me to sign those papers. Heck, I felt like I was signing some divorce papers.

When I entered that cafe, I saw an all too familiar girl, with the same natural blond hair that had the natural striking red highlights that looked like fire. Her eyes depicted the fire in her soul, after all, she is the goddess of war! Those intimidating eyes were in such contrast to mine. Even though she seems strong, she has a very gentle and childish heart. Sure, she was very strong-willed, but she gets hurt easily, even if she doesn't show it and I know I hurt her today. I messed up so bad.

Ceara was never the one for awkward situations, so she'd pull out a joke or insult from nowhere to lighten the tension. I was so dumb that I couldn't connect the dots while we were on the phone call. I was also dumb to not confront her feelings. Yeah, I knew she liked me but I always thought of it as infatuation or something as a result of the many years together with me.

I was an idiot to tell her on the phone that she will never be more than a friend to me. To top it off, I told her about my feelings for Hiyori. I hope she doesn't hate Hiyori and do something to her. She even made sure to rub in the guilt of how I called her a friend.

I wonder if she's still in Tokyo.

"She is. She said she wants to go touring." Yukine replied lazily.

"Huh?"

"Idiot, you said that out loud."

"Oh."

"Who is she anyway, Yato?" Hiyori asked.

"Ceara, the goddess of war, my ex-fiancee as of today."

"Moron, she kept emphasizing the friend. What was she aiming at?"

I took in a deep breath and told them everything. "Ceara and I were the best of friends. Other than Nora, I always hung out with Ceara. We were childhood friends. One day, our dads got us betrothed and it just felt weird to hang out with her. Somehow, I couldn't spend time with her. Then we grew apart."

*BAM!!*

"OW!What the hell was the punch on the cheek for Yukine?!"

"You're an idiot and a coward!"

"I know!" I knew that Yukine was taken aback by me agreeing with him but what could I do now? I don't even now if Ceara even wants to be friends with me.

Hiyori then suggested quietly,"We're gonna make up for the mess you made Yato. Ex-fiancee or not, she's still your childhood friend and that counts. Plus, we gotta make sure she's okay."