Preparations

Preparations

Yato's P.O.V.

Nervous. That's what it was. I, Yato, the god of calamity, was nervous to go an ask Hiyori out on a date. It's been an hour since C had pushed me out of her room and there was only an hour left till that playboy gets here.

Taking in a deep breath I reach Hiyori's room in slow and fearful steps. Will she think I'm a creep? Will she say no? Will I be laughed at? I don't even realize that I had knocked on her door while I was busy thinking about the possible outcomes of taking this risk.

"One sec!" She yells from the inside. I hear shuffling behind the door and once it gets closer, I straighten my posture in a more presentable way and wait for the door to open. With a click the door to my destiny opens. "Yato? Is something the matter?"

"No, n-nothing the matter. I just..." Crap! Why can't I just say it? Why am I so nervous? I can't believe I stuttered!

"What?"

"I..." okay, I paused and took in a deep breath. "WillYouGoOutOnADateWithMe?!"

"Uh..." I knew she'd not look at me in that light. "Could you repeat that Yato? A bit slower too."

So she hadn't heard it.

"I was wondering, if you would like to go on a... a date with me..." There! I said it!

She didn't say anything so I decided to take my chances and look up at her because incidentally, I had found the floor very interesting as I had asked Hiyori out.

"Hiyori!" My head snapped at the direction of Ceara's voice. "What're you two up to?"

"Well, Yato just asked me out on a date and..."

"And...?" C pressed on as she quickly glanced at me and smirked.

"And..."

"Oh God Hiyori! Just say yes without dilly-dallying on about it. It's just a date. If you're so worried about being left alone with him, then we can have a double date! It'll be fun, trust me. I can even tell you some dirty secrets of Yato." She chuckled darkly. My whole mind was whether or not Hiyori would accept my offer.

"Okay then." My eyes darted surprised at Hiyori. She accepted! I was beyond happy!

"Great!" C mirrored my happiness for me. "Pari will be here in an hour and a half. You freshen up and get into a dress, if you want I can help you with the make up."

I couldn't help it, I had to ask. "You do make up?"

"Yeah, I learned how to do it on the internet during all the free time I had."

Why did I feel like all that 'free time' was another way of her saying 'every time I had avoided her'?

"Okay then Yato, you don't mind going on a double date with C and Pari, right?"

"Not at all! Now go wear whatever you gotta wear to make yourself look pretty. Uh! Not that you don't look pretty without wearing clothes-- wait! That cam out wrong." By now Hiyori was holding back a gigle while C was full on laughing, definitely at my stupidity.

"I get you Yato. Thank you. I'll be down by the time Pari would be here."

"Sure." I nodded and left the two girls to themselves. Looks like everything's looking good! There's just one problem - I gotta make sure Pari doesn't even lay a finger on C.