Sign The Bloody Papers!

Ceara's P.O.V.

It's 9:30 and still no sign of Yato. Did he figure out it was me and decide not to turn up? Nah, Yato's not the type to stand someone up, plus, he ain't that smart to figure it out.

*beep*

I got a message from...Yato!

Yato: Hi. I'm on my way right now! Sorry, my partner Yukine slept in and took all the time in the world to wake up. Anyway, what table are you seated at?

Yukine? Is that a girl or a guy? Geez, how many girls does this god need?

Ceara: Seated at the table at the very back of the shop.

Yato: Be there in a minute.

And in a minute he entered the shop. I froze when I saw him. It's been a year or more since I last saw him. Will he be mad at me for not introducing myself on the phone? With him a sleepy looking blond kid came into my view. Is that Yukine? And just behind him was a long haired brunette in a school uniform. The only thing off about her would be her cat ears and tail. Although I think she's those spirits that can jump in and out of their bodies.

I brought my attention back to Yato to see him staring at me with wide eyes. He's joining the dots. He gave me a sorry smile and I knew he realized everything till now. In return I gave him an evil smirk. I gestured for him to come over and sit where I am. He and his friends did just that. He was like a kid that got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

I kept my gaze focused on him. He kept averting his from mine. I got fed-up and sighed in exhaustion.

"So aren't you gonna introduce me to them, my friend?" emphasizing on the latter word Yato cringed at it.

"Ceara I-" I cut him off.

"Nevermind, I'll do it." Look people, I'm not the goddess of peace, not like I was gonna keep shut and act all sweet. I would, but only to Yato. But clearly my instincts took over. I looked at the two partners and smiled confidently. "Hi. I'm Ceara. Yato's childhood friend and ex-fiancee. I came here all the way from Ireland to cancel the engagement and set this god free."

Yato's head shot up at my declaration. I gave him a challenging look and smiled at him. "Yato, I want you to just sign this." I placed in front of him the arranged marriage documents which I have already signed. He looked at it with a very serious yet guilty expression. Serves you right you traitor! I let him think about this although deep down there was a slight hope that he wouldn't sign it. While he read it I brought my attention back to his partners.

Yukine gave me a lazy smile. I guess he's still sleepy. Then I looked at Hiyori who just gave me a guilty smile. Probably scared I'm angry with her for hanging out with Yato.

"If you think I'm mad at you Hiyori, forget it. Yato means nothing to me in the way you think. Our parents betrothed us. We are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Never was, never will be. Kay hun?"

She looked more at ease when I said this. I was so disgusted at myself for being such a liar! I looked back at Yato to see him giving me a sad smile and instead of returning another smile I just glared at him. I let out an exasperated sigh and snapped at him. "Would you sign the damn papers already?! I didn't come here just for this you know!"

He flinched yet looked back down at the paper and signed it slowly. I felt the pen scrape my heart each time it scraped the paper. I was so happy when our fathers betrothed us.

"Ceara dear! Come down would you? There's something important to discuss!"

"Coming Papa!"

I slid the door open to meet Yato greedily eating the rice balls that I had made earlier that morning. His father and him were seated opposite Papa. I sat next to Papa and smiled at Yato. I was fifteen and he was seventeen. We had no idea why we were there, but we couldn't care less. Well, Yato couldn't, he was too busy stuffing himself.

"Yato, Ceara," papa started, "the two of you seem close, and that makes me and Fujisaki-san (Yato's dad) very happy. Isn't that right my friend?" He said looking at Yato's dad.

"But, we want that friendship to stop." Yato didn't stop eating yet he looked cautiously at his father, me, well let's say that I was speechless at that moment. "Don't worry kids. We're not gonna separate you two, instead we're gonna get the two of you to make a baby god or goddess of war. To say that Yato choked himself to death was an understatement.

Me you ask? I was blushing super hard! My whole body went numb! Inside me, there was a fireworks festival going on! Not long ago, I had developed feelings for Yato and finally something awesome just happened!

But what happened after that day, made me feel so broken. Yato spent less time with me. He rarely visited the house. He always made excuses, I knew why he tried his best to stay away from me. But the idiot was being a coward!

Until two days back, I had loved Yato. Today, I'm willing to move on and in a way, I'm glad that it all ends here.