I Can't

I Can't

Ceara's P.O.V.

It's been almost a week since Vivian's request and to say that nothing exciting had happened in that very week would be a big fat lie.

The very next day after parting ways with Vivi, Yato had sent me almost 10 texts in a time span of one minute! All at the same time! How the bloody hell is that possible?!

C did you see that?!

We were on fire! Like the old days!

Vivi was so happy! I'm sure I'm gonna earn more!

That dumbass boss deserved to freeze tonight huh?!

Hiyori was very happy today!

She said she had fun!

Thanks C!

You're the best!

Without willing to go on reading his text messages, I just lifted my head to the cat eyed god typing furiously on his phone. Marching over to him, I whacked him on his head making him yelp out in shock and pain!

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"I'm right here you idiot! Stop texting like a bloody lunatic!"

**The Next Day**

"Alright, so listen up..." Hiyori was at school and yukine was out grocery shopping and running some errands. Meanwhile, me and Yato were at home and coming up with ways to get Hiyori to fall for the former. "When is Hiyori's birthday?"

"28th June, a week from now..." as if in deep thought, i watched Yato's furrowed eyebrows raise up in realization. I predicted his reaction at this revelation and just rolled my eyes when he jumped up ecstatically, yelling - "I Got It!" - a million times till i slapped him out of his happy act.

"Would you pay attention?! I want you to ask her out on that night--"

"Why that night?"

"Because!" I deadpanned, "she likes, no-- loves those kinds of romantic gestures! Gosh Yato! You really haven't gotten any better at reading people." I looked away muttering the last bit.

"So what the heck should I do?!"

"A night out at a fair. Just the two of you. Go out for dinner, treat her like the lady she wants to be treated as. Make her feel like a princess. Make her smile."

Nodding slowly he took in all these orders. He was so devoted to getting Hiyori that it was too hard to deny my envy of her. The envy that i could be that girl who Yato wants to put a smile on so bad!

I was lost in my thoughts that Yato had to snap his fingers in front of me. "You okay?"

He knew, I know he did. He wasn't stupid, huh! He was the most observant person I ever knew. Even now, he knows when my mind runs away from my body.

Nodding my head I smiled at him giving him an 'affirmative' response.

"You're lying." I looked at him confused.

"W-what do you me--"

"Cut the bullshit C. Something's bothering you. You're not the same girl i knew years ago."

I'm not, am I? Whose fault do you think that is? Mine. For falling for someone who would never be able to return my feelings for him.

"Nothing's wrong. Stop worrying about me. Keep your thoughts on Hiyori, Yato."

"I will. But not until you tell me what's wrong."

Little by little my anger rose. Can't he take a hint?!

"There's no--" we both stood up and he cut me off just before i could finish.

"Ceara." He said lowly as if scolding a younger sibling.

That's it A sibling. That's all I'll ever be. I don't know what came over me but I couldn't control the tears that brimmed my eyes and streamed down my cheeks. I flinched when Yato tried to hold me and I watched pain flash across his face. Pain of rejection.

Pain of not being needed.

I've had enough. I was stupid to think that I could move on. I was the idiot that thought I was strong to pair up my friend with the man i loved since childhood.

After I get these two together, I'm gonna go home, accept a marriage proposal of another God and settle down. Either way, I'll  be in pain.