School

"Mateo! Get up! we have school today and I am not going to be late because of you!" screamed Maxine outside my door.

Must she be this loud early in the morning.

"In case you haven't been informed Maxie, today is a holiday. Meaning no school today." I grumbled under my comforter.

"Oh, well then just get up! It's a beautiful day, and you will not stay secluded in your room. Now up!"

"Whatever mom."

"Don't be sarcastic with me, now up! Breakfast is already on the table and I have a part time job at Plikki, so I guess since there's no school today, I'll leaving in a few minutes. Take care while I'm gone."

Mateo made a few grumbling noises and went back yo his sleep. Maxine rolled her eyes at her bother and left. Boys will be boys.

~~~~~time skip by your lazy author ~~~~~

Emma tightened the jacket around her as she and Louise stood at their temporary high school. Their background story was that they were just two twins whose parents sent them abroad because of a few family problems and for good quality education.

Not a total lie.

Emma looked at Louise who was looking at his watch.

" We're an hour early I suppose. Probably didn't set my watch properly. "

Emma sighed and grabbed her twin's hand. Times like these made her happy that she had Louise. There was no way she could handle this on her own. How had her mom did it, she had no idea.

"So, what's the name of this school again? Francis something - something."

"Francis DuPont High."

"Wasn't it a college, though?"

"There's two."

"Oh, I see."

The twins stood in silence for a good few minutes before Louise broke it.

"Maybe we should head inside. Sure, it's not like our school in China, but the only thing we could do is make the best out of this situation. And besides, since we're an hour early, might as well explore the school. That way we won't get lost easily."

Emma nodded, "great plan."

Grabbing her twins hand, the two walked into the unfamiliar building. They had been to Paris, France a few times to be somewhat familiar with directions, but this was different. Still, the two didn't had much of a hard time since they saw a map of the building and followed the directions to the principal's office.

Madam Jade Bernard prided herself as a woman who is rarely surprised. Even if she would somehow find an alien lurking around the hall, she would just most likely try to ask of it had a hall pass. So pardon her for questioning on who was willing enough to go to school an hour early.

"Come in."

Two persons entered. Boy and girl. And by the looks of it, siblings. Madam Jade sat straight on her chair and motioned for them to take a seat.

"Good morning. I am Madam Jade, and I am the principal of Francis DuPont High. May I know what are your business doing here?"

"I'm Emma and that's Louise. We just came to see of our transfer has been finalized." The girl spoke elegantly and in perfect French. Not one hint of accent.

She opened her laptop and began to search for their names, "and your last names would be? I'm sorry but your names are a bit common."

Louise nodded, "it's fine. And our family name is Agreste."

The name rang familiar in Jade's mind but she brushed it off. No time to dwell on it. She had to find their documents and then sort out some paperwork afterwards. And maybe when she's done and if she can remember, she'll try and remember why the name sounds so familiar.

"Aha! Here you two are! Agreste Emma and Agreste Louise. Chinese Nationality. Let's see.....mhm...yes. Your transfer has been finalized."

"The registrars office is three doors to the left of mine. You two should go and get your schedules. Good luck on your first day!" Jade smiled warmly. The two stood up and thanked the principal with a small bow and left the room.

"Agreste", she pondered. "Why is that so familiar?"

Emma and Louise quickly grabbed their schedules and had a mini tour of the school with the small copy of the map they were given.

"It's not really that hard to remember where to go." Louise commented.

Emma scoffed, "not all of us are born with amazing abilities to easily memorize things, Sherlock."

Louise shrugged, "maybe."

He received a smack on the head for that.

The tour must've been longer than they realized, because when Louise looked at his watch, it was almost time for class.

The two sprinted and had practically did an obstacle course running to their class room. But at least they weren't late. Unlike a certain person.

The teacher, Mr. Martin looked at the two and turned to the class.

"Alright class, settle down. No one likes detention so it's better that my orders are obeyed."

...

"Much better. We have two new students transferring from China. And I want you to treat them well. Please come on up and introduce yourselves."

The two bowed and began the introduction they agreed to do.

"Good morning, I'm Emma."

"And I'm Louise."

Together, they said. "And we're the Agreste twins."

Mr. Martin nodded at them and pointed at the front desks. "I hope you don't mind if I separate you two. But these two know each other so well that I can't let them sit next to the other without turning the room into a place louder than the market."

Emma smiled sweetly, "it's okay. I don't mind."

Louise shrugged, "sure."

The blue hairs girl sat on her seat and smiled at her seat mate. A female with beautiful red haired girl and hazel eyes. She introduced herself as a transfer student too. From Italy. Elena Potato.

"Nice to meet you. Is that guy on the other desk your boyfriend?" Emma asked pointing to the blue haired and blue eyes boy across.

She Italian girl blushed, "Zick? No, um, we're just friends."

Emma smiled knowingly, "that's what they all say."

A.N. I am so sorry for the long wait. School had me bound in chains as I try and finish my requirements. But whatever, fighting! And I hope at least one person would recognize the names I used. Maybe on a certain old cartoon?

 Maybe on a certain old cartoon?