Dual Identity

Chapter Seven - Dual Identity

Song - wHo by Zayn.

-

It had been a few days since Emilia has been held under hostage in the Dolan household. Except for the loss of her studies, her life hasn't been affected much. The twins let her roam the house, but obviously not go outside. Staying with them, she learned a few similar and different things about each of the two.

Ethan. She knew that he was the older twin by just twenty minutes, but he acted way more mature. If not for the criminal life, he would have been a nice, smart college student. He was the sweetest boy to exist, no matter his status and records. He was never rude to anyone, exceptions being if anyone tried to take a pick on Grayson. He was very protective over his twin brother, other than that he was nice. He talked to everyone with respect.

Grayson on the other hand was a different story.

He was dominating, introvert and overall the less nicer twin. He barely talked to anyone except Ethan, their father Rosario and sometimes flirted with Emilia. They were usually friendly, but sometimes he didn't realize he crossed the line. One of the instances were a while ago.

-

"Gray-Grayson, what are you doing?" Emilia gasped as the boy pinned her to the refrigerator in the kitchen. She was trying to get some milk but was surprised when the younger twin wrapped his arms around her waist, sort of affectionately.

"What does it look like?" He smiled, causing his deep dimples to pop up, which made beautiful indents on his cheeks.

"Appears like you want to throw me on the floor since I was raiding your fridge." She tried to lighten the atmosphere.

Grayson's eyes crinkled up in amusement, as he pressed his body closer to her's, pushing her into the fridge. "Do you know what you do to me, Em?"

Emilia frowned and tried to back away. "I'm sorry if I annoy you, but since you have kept me at your house forcefully, we aren't at the best of terms now, are we?"

"Oh no no, you don't annoy me. That's Ethan's job." Grayson replied as he lowered his head.

Her breath hitched as she could feel Grayson's nose touch hers.

"Well then, I'm here again to annoy you, little brother."

Grayson groaned as he let go of Emilia who immediately slathered away as an amused looking Ethan walked into the kitchen. He moved towards the duo and grabbed Grayson before dragging him outside, earning various protests from him.

"Gosh Ethan, we were just talking!" He frowned as Emilia half laughed and sighed in relief and with weird feelings developing within her as she found Ethan smiling softly at her and then taking Grayson upstairs to their own room.

That night, it was something.

She couldn't understand whom she could trust.

-

There was a knock on the door, snapping Emilia out of her trance as she looked up to see both the twins staring at her, in what seemed like hope and hesitation.

"We would like to talk." Grayson said, not meeting her eyes.

"Go ahead." She muttered softly, catching Ethan's stare.

Two pairs of identical hazel eyes filled with unreadable emotions scared her. But she refused to show it, she had been in the worse of situations, nothing she couldn't handle.

"Our father being in Italy right now, he couldn't talk to your father. He knows you're kidnapped, yeah we talked to him." Grayson said smugly.

"Yeah. No shit." She rolled her eyes.

Grayson glared at her and was about to take a step towards the oblivious girl but Ethan stopped him. "No don't, remember she's all alone. We need to be good. Father trusted us."

The words made Grayson nod briefly before he went out of the room, leaving Ethan alone to handle the situation. Which was alright, since Ethan knew how to act.

"We just wanted to say, you might have to live longer with us here, sorry about your loss of education. But we cannot let you interact with outsiders, nobody knows where this house is located, where Purple Pub is situated. So yeah, make yourselves comfortable, you're gonna be in here for a long time, sweetheart."

Ethan smirked and left the room as well, knowing his effect on their hostage.