You're Way Too Beautiful

Chapter Nine- You're Way Too Beautiful.

Song - Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.

-

"Camel. Four diagonal steps." Emilia said out loud as she did the move and grinned in victory at taking down the white queen.

Ethan and Emilia were playing chess in her room. The boy had a soft smile on his face as he gazed at their captive play the game skilfully. He was an expert in chess, Grayson being the only one who could give him a tough competition. But right now, all he could do was focus on the beautiful girl in front of him, waiting for his next move.

"Okay. This." Ethan picked up a random piece and moved it forward, not really interested in winning at the moment.

Maybe he realized that letting the girl win would be his true victory.

She giggled softly, shaking her head. "Ethan, this is a horse. It can't move just forward. That's invalid."

Ethan knew this. Oh boy how ace he was at this game.

"Oh sorry, looks like I forgot." He scratched his jaw, pretending to be in a deep thought.

Ethan stared at her for a while, getting lost in her soft gaze. All of a sudden, she sighed and looked away, leaving the boy confused.

"When will you let me go?" She murmured, her voice faltering slightly.

Of course, no matter how good she was treated by the twins, she missed home. Being held hostage was no joke, however the twins had kept many things away from her, regarding their plan and work.

"You know about that, sweetheart." Ethan said, surprising both himself and Emilia with the sudden nickname. "Until your father signs the deal our father will propose, you have to live here. Why, aren't we treating you good? Was it me? Grayson? Wait, did he do something?" Ethan frowned, knowing what his twin brother was capable of.

"No, no.. " She shook her head gently. Grayson was alright, However ethan was the most respectful twin.

"It's just I miss home. And what even are we exactly?" She questioned, leaving Ethan wracking his brain in a whirlwind of different emotions.

There was no doubt that Ethan wanted more. Heck, he daydreamed about the girl. He knew Grayson felt the same, that's why he never said it out loud, but at the moment he couldn't hold in his feelings.

One of the many aspects of being a criminal included not to get attached to your victim. No matter the situation, catching feelings makes you weak. Their father had always taught them to not give a damn about other's, if they don't mean anything to you.

"You make me feel someway no other girl managed to, before." Ethan pushed the chessboard away and moved closer to her, grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers together. His breath hitched at how perfectly get fit with each other, as if two puzzle pieces who were meant to be.

"Give me a chance?" He whispered softly, his breath slowly hitting her face as he spoke. Their noses touched in abomination, making her close her eyes momentarily.

"Chance?"

"To show you I'm not what you think. There's a side to me nobody knows. Growing up into this lifestyle wasn't my choice."

As soon as the words left Ethan's mouth, he realized he was damned. Right in front of him was the girl who he fancied since a while and in his fate was the mission his father had given to him and his brother.

It's either her or that.

Sometimes, it's hard to make decisions. But at the moment, Ethan couldn't focus on anything else. So he did what his mind revolted against but his heart ached to.

He leaned forward and kissed her.

***

Oh boy....