Sands Of Time

Chapter Ten - Sands Of Time

Song - Wolves by Selena Gomez

-

It had been a few days since Ethan and Emilia kissed. She had tried to be nonchalant about the situation, however Ethan was extra as hell. Which was normal, since he was normally dramatic.

But now when she thinks about it, it was a big vague. She had been infatuated towards both the boys and after kissing Ethan, a part of her was happy while the other rational side made her think. He was her kidnapper, by no means a good person. Also, it was wrong to think of both the twins in such a manner. No matter how identical they looked or whatsoever, they were still two different individuals.

-

Grayson wasn't mad.

He was just, let's say, jealous.

From both ways. As soon as Ethan and Emilia shared a kiss, he immediately ran to Grayson to tell him. He was shocked at first, but then nodded. However, a part of him was jealous. It wasn't a big deal, since him and Ethan have shared partners earlier.

But this was a bit different.

"I'm telling you bro, don't get attached. Please. I'm the only one you've been attached to since and before birth, let it remain that way." Grayson joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere, but when Ethan didn't give any response, he knew something had taken a path towards the wrong direction.

"E." He said and sat next to him. Ethan looked up, and that's when Grayson gasped. His twin's eyes were red and he looked as if he was crying.

Grayson immediately pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back gently. "E what's wrong?"

If it was some other person, well then this would have never been the scenario. For one, Ethan didn't open up to anyone except Grayson or Rosario. He had barely any people besides them in his lives, neither did Grayson. He never cried, in fact, Grayson doesn't remember the last time he saw tears in Ethan's eyes and that really hurt him.

"When has anything ever been right in our lives, Gray?" Ethan said in an eerily calm and soft voice, without any emotions. So many things were going through his mind, it was a situation where he couldn't even decide from where he should begin to speak.

"I don't even remember our childhood, yet alone teenage. Forget that, we have no clue about our family, or if we have anyone else."

Grayson bit his lip, feeling the whirlwind of emotions pool up within him too. Ethan was right.

They never had anyone.

"Can you imagine what our lives would have been if father hadn't taken us in that night?"

And maybe, just maybe, the dark night shouldn't be so clear in their heads....

But it is, because our demons never leave us.

***

The utter pitter patter of the rainfall hitting the dirty ground of the alley was the only prominent sound other than the occasional sniffs of two little boys who were leaning against each other in the dark, cold weather. A homeless man's old, dirty blanket was the only thing covering them, with no hopes of life anymore.

"Hello?"

One of the boys looked up to see an older boy, with an umbrella cast over him and another person, crouch in front of them.

"Why are you here, kids?" The boy, himself being not older than 18, asked the two 5 year olds.

"Their family died in a horrible accident yesterday, mate. These two, somehow survived. I would take them to an orphanage, but it's too dark and wet everywhere. It's dangerous to leave." The homeless man explained.

The person who was holding the umbrella, squeezed his shoulder. "Hey Rosario, why you talking to them?"

Rosario held up his hand at him and looked back down, smiling warmly at the boys, who looked scared. The roof of the building balcony towers were the only thing keeping them and the homeless man from being completely drenched.

"What are your names, babies?" Rosario asked softly.

"Ethan. He is Grayson. And he is Ricky." The kid explained, still holding the other boy close to his chest.

Rosario noticed they were close, and obviously twins. He looked at Grayson, frowning when he moved away from them.

"Will you come with me, babies? I'll take care of you." Rosario suddenly said.

He looked at the two boys, they could he great heirs. He could see them being put into foster homes, and that wouldn't be the best lives for the two bright souls. He was lonely too, and with his gang members, he thought he could raise them.

It was worth a try.

"Who are you?" This time the other boy Grayson asked, with curiosity and suspicion in his big hazel eyes, watering slightly. "Gray wants mummy."

Even though Rosario was a criminal, he still had a heart. A heart that clenched painfully at the boy's cries who seeked his mom, someone who could not be brought back again in their innocent lives.

"Mummy is gone. Even daddy. And Cam." Ethan wiped Grayson's tears with his small hand, trying to comfort the crying boy.

Rosario picked up both the boys in his arms and stood up. He had his fair share of destroying people's lives, it was now time to save two.

So that's what he did.

***

"I don't even remember who our mom and dad were, E." Grayson said as he took a deep breath, the events recollecting in his mind as a faint memory, still stagnant in the back of their heads.

"Father gave us everything. His last name, the club ownership. Taught us every life skill, made us capable of what we are today. We, we can't let him down." Ethan shook his head, and stood up.

"What?" Grayson couldn't comprehend what was going on in his twin's mind. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"We need to distance ourselves from her. We can't let father's mission go in vain." Ethan said in a firm tone.

Grayson nodded abruptly, knowing whatever Ethan decides will be in their favour.