Grayson's Plan

Chapter Twelve - Grayson's Plan

-

"Grayson."

Emilia sat up as soon as soon as the younger twin entered the room with a plate of sandwiches. She failed to notice the troubled look on Grayson's face, focusing on the food.

"Hey, I got you food."

He placed the plate in front of her, absent mindedly resting his palm against the pocket of his jeans where he always used to keep his handgun that Ethan gifted him.

He knew it wasn't safe to keep it now with her company. He knew he had to do this, to keep him and Ethan safe. Without their father around, they felt at stake. They had to go.

"Thanks. Even though I would appreciate the most if you would let me go." She bit her lip, feeling suffocated in the lonely room.

Her father was her only family, and knowing he wasn't doing anything to save her, to rescue her, it hurt the girl. Various thoughts ran across her mind. The twins had kept her in their house since a few days and still she didn't understand why.

Ransom?

Possibly. But then again, the twins were wealthy. Purple Pub was one of the most notorious gangs. Their house and surroundings seemed pretty posh, she tried to decipher where exactly in LA they were, but to no avail.

Grayson left the room after she had taken a bite of her food. It tasted weird, but she could care less. It wasn't as if she had a choice in the captive's area.

Bad decision.

-

"E, I did it." Grayson said, looking up at Ethan.

Ethan nodded and zipped the two bags, putting them in the trunk of their car. The twins shared a glance, full of trouble and worry in their minds. Grayson bit his lip, he couldn't take it anymore.

"You just go with her, don't bother me. " He shook his head.

"Don't be silly. You mean the world to me, how could I leave you Gray?" Ethan grabbed him by the shoulder.

Apparently, someone was behind Grayson's life. Or Ethan's life.

It was unsure.

***

Grayson was resting his head on Ethan's shoulder as the latter was texting their father, who was in Italy at the moment. Nobody knew that except for them, their dad had some unfinished business with a mafia pub in Naples.

All of a sudden, Ethan's phone rang as he picked up, to indeed see that Rosario had sent a voicemail including a photo. They decided to listen to the voicemail first, ignoring the picture.

"hey Ethan, sorry I couldn't call you, can't take the risk at the moment. Listen carefully.. "

At the tone of his voice, Grayson raised his head and stared at Ethan and then at the phone, obviously it had to do something with the plan.

"Someone seems to have gotten your location. You need to take Grayson and  Emilia and immediately leave Los Angeles. It isn't safe for you. However, don't let anyone know about your whereabouts. Just get here as soon as possible. We need to keep the girl a little longer until we get the Minister to forfeit all legal cases against us. As for now, hurry up. And make sure Gray takes his medication, he needs to be in good health. You too. Take care of the girl as well. See you soon. Love you boys."

Ethan ended the voicemail and looked at Grayson to find him breathing heavily. He immediately pulled him to his chest, rubbing his back.

-

"Let me stay back here. You take Emilia and leave." Grayson suggested.

"Not happening, Gray. I can't leave you alone here. What if something happens?"

Grayson raised an eyebrow at his brother, making Ethan shake his head.

"I meant as in, you would be alone. It's not that you're incapable of defending yourself, obviously. But I still want you around my sight. Can't take risks when it comes to you Gray, get it?" His expression softened when he looked at an unconscious Emilia in the car.

"Alright, let's go then." Grayson sighed, smiling softly.

They got into the car, Ethan cringing at the sight of the beautiful girl, looking pale and unconscious. He knew it had to be done to carry on with their plan easily.

"Sorry, princess. Gray had to do it. But you soon will wake up. And then, we will be far away from here." Ethan whispered to her sleeping figure.

Grayson raised an eyebrow. "Princess? Oh shut up, Ethan." He laughed softly.

"What? It's not like I called her something degrading." He argued.

The drive to the airport was filled with their cheerful banter, however both oblivious to the deadly danger zone they were putting themselves into.

Because running away is never the solution, especially when you're wanted criminals.