Secret Lies

Chapter Thirteen - Secret Lies.

-
Emilia woke up with a gasp, the surroundings around her feeling creepy and dark. She opened her eyes, but was only met with the blinding darkness and the overwhelming stink of smoke and cigarettes.

She frowned as a familiar figure seemed to appear in the hallway ahead, of the empty corridor. A joint was lit between his lips as he took another drag of it, then blowing the smoke in the air. As hazardous it was, his moments held an impact of grace.

"G-grayson?"

The boy jumped at the mention of his name, looking at the intruder with wide eyes. He relaxed visibly when he realized it was just their captive. Both of them shared a look.

Grayson's eyes were filled with panic and worry, while Emilia's with confusion and fear. Both didn't understand the reason of each other's emotions.

"Don't tell Ethan." He immediately mumbled, staring at the girl with dilated pupils, probably from the smoke in his system.

"He doesn't know you smoke?" She asked, looking around.

It seemed like a fair sized room, while she was on the couch. Grayson was stood near the window, however she gasped as she noticed the white clouds outside the window, and not just normal scenery you would see.

"No. I usually just smoke one or two whenever he isn't around, but apparently that's rare." He sighed, taking another drag of his joint.

"Well dude, you kidnapped me and are now flying to God knows where. I don't think your brother would care whether you smoke or not, it's not a big deal for a person like you."

As soon as the words left her mouth, she realized how rude that sounded. She immediately felt guilty, seeing as the expression on Grayson's face changed to one of hurt and anger.

He crushed the cigarette in the ashtray and glared at her. He walked closer to her, where she was sitting on the couch. She gulped as Grayson crouched down so he was eye level to her.

"You don't know about Ethan, don't assume stuff. And well, as much as I hate to say, you're right. We're criminals, this shouldn't be a big deal. But, to Ethan, it apparently is."

"Um, where is he?" She asked timidly, relieved that Grayson wasn't that mad.

"Asleep. He's outside, in one of those chairs in this jet. Was a stunt to leave from there and come here, to this room. I'm so stressed." He closed his eyes and sat down on the floor, leaning his head on the couch, besides Emilia.

She gazed at him, and in that moment, he didn't seem like her kidnapper to her. Just a person, a cute person, who was trying to do some nasty stuff, while hiding from his brother. She found it weirdly cute.

A giggle escaped her mouth. Grayson raised his eyebrow as he looked back at her.

"What's so funny?"

"Um, nothing. Just how much you respect Ethan and care about his opinion. I don't have siblings, but I've never seen my friends act like this with their siblings either."

Grayson nodded in agreement, looking in the distance, as if he was thinking or reminiscing something.

"Well, Ethan just isn't a brother to me, he's so much more."

"More?"

"Yes." He smiled fondly. "My best friend, my twin. He's the only person I still have with me, since my non existent childhood. He always has taken care of me, made sure I didn't get into trouble."

"Hm. He does seem like the more mature one, amongst you, no offense."

"Hey!" Grayson huffed.

"Uh, where are we going though?" She asked timidly.

Grayson raised his head. "Well, that isn't necessary for you to know."

"Pleeeaase, Grayson? Have I ever given you guys any trouble? You know I won't. Just tell me? I'm curious."

Upon hearing the words, Grayson frowned. He realized they were true. For a hostage, she behaved very decently all the way along. Never once tried to run away, or even try to play any tricks on either of them.

Her attitude was too sweet to be legit.

"And why haven't you? You having fun with us? Or let's say, especially Ethan? You kissed him, didn't you?"

Emilia's cheeks tainted a rosy blush. She looked away instantly, avoiding eye contact with the younger twin.

Why are you doing this?

Grayson's suspicions grew furthermore.

"You don't even know what's gonna happen to you in the next minute of your life, and you seem pretty cool for that. Which I haven't been able to grasp. What are you hiding, Emilia Watson?"

"I'm hiding nothing. It's you who's refusing to tell me anything. Considering that I have no control over my life at the moment, as you stated. The least you can do is tell me where we are heading. So I can be a little less paranoid about being alone with you both!" She nearly screamed in the end.

Frustration was building in both of them, however none of them spoke as the door opened and Ethan stood in the pathway, his sleepy eyes and messy hair giving away that he just woke up to the intrusion of their bickering.

"Nothing, E." Grayson said too quickly, and gave Emilia a warning look, that said 'don't you dare say anything to him'.

Ethan shrugged, but then said. "Get her ready. We will be landing soon. Father will be there to pick us up. Then he will instruct what to do further."

Grayson nodded, watching how Ethan and Emilia stared at each other for a moment before the older boy frowned, sniffing the stink in the room.

"What's this?" He sniffed again, grimacing as he gestured his hand around. Grayson immediately panicked, looking at Emilia, silently pleading for help.

"Oh that's nothing." She chuckled nonchalantly, waving a hand around. "I just farted, that's it."

Grayson bit his lip to control his laughter at the comical expression on his brother's face as he stared at the girl, who lie appeared quite convincing.

Ethan, too flustered to say anything just left the room as Grayson gave Emilia a grateful look. However, he didn't fail to notice one thing.

She was a good liar.

***

Filler chapter lol. Hi guys! Who do you like Emilia with? E or G?