Chapter One

Authors Note: 30/01/2021

This is now the updated version of The Alpha's Unknown Daughter - You will find that it does follow the same plot as the last one but there are new scenes, new characters, and better character development than before. I didn't want to change the story completely and only wanted to update it.

I hope you love it but excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes - my editing skills are awful as all my RR would know.

- W0nd3rful-Dr3ams x x x

***

I could barely keep my eyes open as I rested my head heavily onto the palm of my hand. My cheek going slightly red from the impression my fingers and palm had made.

My brain barely took in the words my English Literature teacher was relaying, my mind unable to comprehend the information she was providing.

What I did hear seemed to follow straight through one ear and out the other.

My absence of attention or care was due to a lack of sleep and exhaustion. I hadn't gotten home until past 1am last night, and for a reason unknown to me, I could barely get an hour sleep.

My wolf had been scarce, she had moved further into the back of my mind since my parents passed but lately, she had made her presence more known.

I had thrown myself into border patrol shifts, doing more than 4 night shifts a week and the occasional double shift. It was a distraction and it allowed me to grow stronger and stronger.

Something the Beta of my pack, Julian, had agreed with. He would encourage me to take more patrol shifts ever since my wolf turned up on my 16th birthday. The date a werewolf finally gets their wolf.

That was nearly two years ago, and I only had two months until my 18th birthday.

Julian had been a close friend to my father before he died, he had promised to look after me. My father had been a pack warrior which was why Julian had been tougher on me lately.

My wolf was a pack warrior and with the reputation my father had, I needed to be up to par. To follow his footsteps.

When my dad died, my mother took her life shortly after. He had died while protecting his Alpha, rogues had attacked them during a visit to a pack up north.

The pain was instant, my mother's heart and soul left the moment my father took his last breath.

She couldn't bear the thought of being on this earth without her soul mate, the person who shared half her soul.

A mate connection is so delicate and precious that the moment you see the person who holds half your heart and soul, time stops.

Only werewolves have the ability to identify who their soul mate is. Unlike a human, they can sense their mate from touch, smell and eye contact. To a werewolf, a mate is their entire universe and more, they complete you in every way.

It was because of that, that I understood my mother's reasons for taking her own life. I watched her become a shell of a person, a lifeless soul who walked with no purpose or value.

I had grieved for a long time, but Julian and his mate Grace helped ease the pain. They took me into their home and had looked after me since. Taking me on as their responsibility and I was more than grateful.

"Miss Jackson?"

The sound of my name rolling angrily off Mrs Bennett's tongue had my attention moving from the window to the direction of Mrs Bennetts voice. Her slim tall figure standing in front of my desk only a few feet away from me.