Chapter Nine

Gabriel's POV – the morning of his birthday party:

I woke up from the sensations of someone's fingers trailing up and down my bare chest. I pried my eyes open to realise that it was Olivia. She had turned up at my house last night, wanting to "speak to me".

We had an on and off again relationship, it wasn't anything serious, I had made this clear to her on many occasions, but she didn't seem to grasp that concept.

Olivia was gorgeous but far too clingy for her own good, she was obsessed with the idea of becoming my Luna.

I groaned slightly, moving her hands away from my chest as I sat up, my own hands reaching up to clutch my head from the hangover I'm experiencing. The guys had come around last night, having a small celebration for my birthday before the real thing tonight.

I felt Olivia shift, sitting up herself as she went to touch my shoulders. I quickly got up, walking towards my bathroom for a shower. I didn't even turn around when Olivia's voice purred, I could practically see her seductive smile in my mind. "Where are you going, what about a repeat of last night?"

I rolled my eyes at her suggestion, not in the mood for her games. "I have things to do Olivia, just get out of my house." I grumbled irritated, she couldn't grasp that I didn't want her, we were friends with benefits and that was it.

Even then, I only slept with her when I'm drunk. Sober me couldn't stand her, she is power hungry and delusional with her attempts to up her rank completely fertile.

"Don't talk to me like that Gabriel, I'm your future Alpha female." She screamed stubbornly; anger laced deep in her voice. Her tone desperate and deranged.

I turned around; my eyes narrowed on hers. My tone calm and meaningful, each word coming off venomously. "You will never be my Alpha female." I growled, my wolf coming to the surface as he took control, not appreciating the way she had spoken to us.

The only person he wanted as our Alpha female was our mate, his true Luna.

Olivia's face contorted, her shoulders burrowing down from my tone, her wolf shrinking back. Her nose scrunched up, her eyes showing her fury which made no difference to me.

"Get out Olivia, don't make me tell you again."

She huffed, suddenly getting up from her position on the bed before attempting to reach for me. I took a step backwards, snarling at her. "Get out now." I repeated for the last time, my Alpha order slipping through my voice, my eyes completely pitch black.

She practically raced out the door but not without slamming the door shut, I didn't even flinch, it wasn't the first time Olivia behaved like that. I just rolled my eyes once more before heading into the bathroom for a shower.

My wolf's emotions were rolling off me in waves, he despised Olivia, his thoughts dwindling onto his mate. He felt frantic whenever we were around Olivia, he wanted his mate and only his mate.

If I could communicate with him with words, I could imagine him continuously chanting the word, mate. With werewolves your emotions and feelings usually align with your wolf. Your human side is linked to your wolves thinking but occasionally, you didn't always see eye to eye.

Having a mate was one of ours, his anger at my thoughts were overwhelming, he felt murderous and resentful.

I didn't want a mate and that fact was clear for everyone. I enjoyed being single and I didn't want to be held down by anyone.

I was young and I didn't want to have the responsibilities of having not only a mate but a pack to protect.

I shut my wolf out, pushing him down and allowing myself back in control. I grabbed my towel from the rack before drying myself off after having a quick shower.