Chapter Six

Weeks had passed since I last saw Gabriel, my heart seeming to break a little bit more as the days went by.

But lately, I had felt myself healing, the pain still there but the ache loosening.

Dylan suspected what had happened, he had tried to pry the details from me but all I would do was cry.

I eventually opened up to him, admitting what happened and after that he stuck by me, never leaving my side.

Julian and Grace were concerned, and I knew Dylan had told them, Julian ordered him to do so. I was thankful that I didn't have to be the one to explain it, I was incredibly embarrassed and ashamed.

Grace had taken turns with Dylan to check up on me, she never pushed me to say anything and she promised that they would not mention anything to the Black Moon Pack. They wouldn't reveal what had happened to anyone but our Alpha.

Dylan looked furious when Julian had ordered him to stay away from Gabriel and his territory. Julian had forced Dylan to go on a run, his wolf needing to run off the animosity and hatred he felt.

To make things worse, I had noticed my body changing, experiencing symptoms I wouldn't ordinarily have.

Throwing up every morning had been my routine the past few days even the smell and taste of certain foods had my guts churning, or my loss of appetite. I could barely get comfortable; my body drained and constantly sleepy.

Although, I had been drinking that night, I remember that we never used protection. I had stupidly not given it a thought, too engrossed with my mate.

The thought of being pregnant had crossed my mind, so I contacted Chloe, asking her to pick me up a test.

Wanting to know if pregnancy was the reason for my sickness, it was rare for werewolves to get illnesses.

She texted me once she arrived, knocking on my bedroom door with me shouting for her to come in. She walked in; it was then that my anxiety truly kicked in.

"I grabbed three just to be sure." She informed, handing me the three pregnancy tests. I sighed and thanked her, passing her the money from my side.

"I'm nervous Chlo, I don't know what I'm going to do if I am."

"You don't know yet. If you are, we will figure it out, don't stress yourself out until you know."

"Okay, I'll be a couple of minutes." I said, walking towards the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

After quickly scanning over the instructions, I did all three tests before washing my hands. Walking out the bathroom, leaving them on the sink counter for three minutes.

I sat beside Chloe and held her hand, the three minutes feeling like three years as we waited for the alarm to go off. Once it did, I took in a deep breath, gaining the courage to check the results.

Positive.

I was taken back, seeing it and thinking it are two different things. I wiped my hands down my face before placing my hair into a ponytail, staring at myself in the mirror.

This cannot be real; this cannot be real. I kept telling myself, not wanting this to be the result.

I suddenly sobbed which caught Chloe's attention, instantly coming to my side. Looking at the results for herself before turning her eyes to me.

I thought I couldn't cry anymore but I did. She embraced me, pulling me into a tight hug before directing me back to my room where we sat on the bed. "Whatever you chose to do, I'll be with you." She assured, her hand holding mine.