Chapter Three

Dylan and I drove towards the mall, it was around a half hour drive from home. The others were meeting us there, Reed was still with his dad and Chase and Chloe had gone to breakfast with Chase's parents.

The whole ride consisted of Dylan complaining and freaking out over a human girl who seemed to be infatuated with him, I couldn't help but laugh as he described how disturbed he was at her behaviour.

To be fair to him, she did seem to be lovesick and slightly obsessive but that's what happens when you hook up with someone who wasn't your mate.

The problem was that the boys seemed to believe that if they hooked up with a human, they didn't have to be concerned about the consequences when their mates show up. Or must deal with the clingy emotions of teenage girls.

"You hooked up with her three times, what do you expect?"

He groaned at my reply, not appreciating my unhelpful answer. "I told her I didn't want anything serious. I'm going to have to meet up with her, she keeps texting me wanting to talk about things." He said, quoting the last four words.

"Don't make it a fourth time when you do." I laughed causing him to shake his head, a playful smile stretching across his face.

We soon approached the Mall, pulling into the car park and heading towards the main doors. Chase had already mind-linked Dylan to let us know they were already here; they were waiting for us at the ice cream parlour.

I had ordered for both Dylan and I; I had asked for two chocolate chip sundaes. Within a few minutes, our server, Katy had brought out our order.

We sat with Chase and Chloe for around twenty minutes before Reed showed up.

"So, what's happening next Saturday? Are we all going to the party together or meeting each other there?" Chloe questioned, the boys all shrugging their shoulders.

"Everyone is getting a ride over there; we should make our way over there around half eight." Reed suggested, he was laid back when it came to minor decisions.

They all nodded at his suggestion, seemingly happy with the decision. "Makes sense. When it comes to the ride home, my dad mentioned that he would send wolves to pick us up if we needed." Dylan added.

I just listened to their conversation as they continued to talk about Alpha Gabriel's party. My wolf was paying more attention than me, her presence in the front of my mind as she focused on their discussion.

I didn't take any notice; my wolf had been showing herself more the past few weeks than she had in the last year. I assumed she had slowly gotten over her own grief from the death of my parents.

"What about you Lara, are you coming with us?"

Chloe's hopeful tone had me mentally groaning. I had never been the party type; sure, I had been to them, but it wasn't something I made a regular thing.

I thought about it for a moment, it was either attend the party or have combat training with Alpha Jaxon. Both options made me unhappy, but I'd rather go to a party than suffer training with the Alpha.

"I'll go." I confirmed. "I need to grab something to wear while were here though."

Shopping with Chloe was the definition of torture, she would walk around the whole shop and then walk around it again. She was a nightmare to shop with whereas I was the opposite.

I quickly found the dress I wanted to wear, it was a sleek black dress with thin straps, and it hugged every curve on my body and stopped an inch or two above my knees.

Finally, after another hour of shopping, Chloe had finally chosen her dress. After purchasing both items, we made our way back to the guys who were purchasing some new trainers.