Chapter Eleven

My wolf began pacing back and forth in my mind, she growled lowly wanting to protect her pup. So many questions and thoughts invaded my mind, and I was paralyzed with fear, what was I going to do? Would we make it out of the exit door without being seen?

Unaware of footsteps approaching, I'm startled when I hear his deep husky voice utter my name. The sound of my name rolling off his tongue had my body tensing, unable to move from my seat.

"Lara?" He repeated, his tone shocked and surprised.

A cold chill ran down my spine, it was disabling and intense, I couldn't bring my eyes to look up.

I simply stared at the table in front of me as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. When he said my name once more, I sighed deeply, biting onto my lip before looking up at him through my eyelashes, watching as his eye line caught onto our daughter, his face scrunching up in bewilderment.

I took his frozen state as an opportunity to quickly pick-up Kennedy, placing her onto my hip as I hastily walked past him, but not without accidentally brushing his arm against mine.

It pulled him instantly out of his trance as the sparks from our touch ignited against his skin, travelling up his arm from our contact.

The day he rejected me, I never accepted or rejected him back which meant we would always have a connection, the sparks, the desire, and the want to be one would never falter or disappear.

I was a meter away from the door, when his hand grabbed my shoulder forcing me to stop. I reached my hand up, holding Kenny's head and face from view as I tucked her into the crook of my neck.

I brought my eyes up to look at him, his eyes raging with fire. His posture was on edge and he towered over me, his fists clenched, and his jaw hardened. He was glaring at me in coldness and in fury. "Is she mine?"

His words were bitter and harsh in sound.

In silence, I diverted my gaze to anywhere but him.

"She's mine isn't she." He growled, no longer a question in his mind, simply stating the fact.

A sudden spark of ferocity hit me, tired and aggravated by him. "I tried to tell you Gabriel, you never wanted to listen to what I had to say."

Unable to control himself, he began to shake as his breath became laboured, his fury showing as low growls emitted from deep within his throat. He stopped immediately when he heard whimpers coming from the small figure clinging to my neck.

He stopped and stared softly at her. I gently rubbed my hand up and down her back, letting her know that there was no problem, trying to settle any worries she had. I felt her relax, slowly bringing her head out to face us while still positioned in my neck.

"She looks just like you," He began. "She's very beautiful." He added, complimenting her as he sent her a gentle smile after a minute of silence.

Kennedy got embarrassed, mumbling a thank you before a cute blush entered her cheeks, hiding herself further into my neck.

I laughed at her reaction, and Gabriel sent her a wide smile; she copies him and flashes her identical tiny dimples.

The moment made my heart pulse faster especially as Gabriel's laugh flowed through the air. "What's your name?" He asked, stoking her cheek causing our daughter to beam as she told him her name. "Kennedy."

Gabriel mirrored her expression before turning to look at me, his eyes shining with determination and conviction.

Gabriel then turns serious, his stance more powerful and looking for answers. "We clearly have things we need to talk about."