Chapter Twenty-Six

Taylor and I both looked up horrified by the intrusive voice, not expecting anyone to have heard our confidential conversation. One Taylor wanted to keep a secret between her and I.

Gabriel stood in the doorway, his hand gripping the door handle as his gaze followed to both of ours, his attention landing and staying on mine.

Confusion flashed through his eyes as if the information he had heard, sounded incorrect. A frown appeared soon after, the room surrounding in an awkward silence as we all went into a state of shock.

Wanting to speak to Gabriel in private and knowing that Taylor needed to rest, I gently squeezed her hand. Rubbing my thumb across her knuckles reassuringly. "Why don't you go to bed and sleep on it. You don't have to make any rash decisions and it will make you feel much better."

She agreed before giving me a small smile and heading out the door, brushing past Gabriel as she gave him a respectful nod.

Gabriel copied her gesture as we watched her leave our bedroom in the direction of our spare bedroom since Eli had duties to attend to tonight and Taylor would often reside at ours when he was away for a few days.

Once she was out of view, Gabriel flew towards me, his body standing in front of the bed. A frown appearing on his features. "Who's pregnant?"

"I'm not pregnant Gabe, Taylor is. Eli doesn't know yet so you cannot mention this to him."

His chest heaved up slightly, disappointment rolling off him. "I thought it was you for a moment." He admitted, sadness flashing across his face before quickly disappearing.

I shook my head at him, leaning up before standing on the bed, moving towards him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands gripping my hips and pulling me closer to him. "No, not me."

We stood like that for a minute or two, holding each other before Gabriel spoke. "Maybe you should take a test, it's not like we've been careful. We have been mated for a while now, it could be a possibility."

I pulled out of his hold to look at him, his hands still residing on my hips. "I haven't had any symptoms Gabriel. I don't feel it's necessary to take a pregnancy test unless I have at least one symptom."

"It wouldn't hurt to take one either Lara." He countered.

"No," I replied stubbornly. "It's unnecessary and you will only be disgruntled by the results."

Gabriel had expressed to me that he was excited to have more pups especially since he hadn't experienced my first pregnancy and any of Kennedy's first things such as her first steps, her first laugh and her first smile. I didn't want to see the disappointment in his eyes when the test came back negative.

His wolf flickered within his eyes for a moment, his human and beast disagreeing with one another. I watched on as Gabriel took control of his wolf, pushing him to the back of his mind. "I still think you should do a test Lara, for your safety and to settle my wolf."

His voice had a final tone to it, his wolf still lingering at the border of his control.

"I'll think about it." I replied, deciding to leave it on that note. Hoping to end this conversation before it turned into an argument and thankfully, it worked.

Gabriel kissed my forehead before undressing and getting into bed, snuggling up close to me as we both fell into a deep sleep.

He had a busy schedule over the next few days which meant I would be spending most of my time with Taylor and Charlie.

~*~

It was now Sunday and Eli had arrived back to pack territory, and from what I had gathered, Taylor had been avoiding him as much as possible. Her mind was still trying to accept that she was pregnant, and she was concerned about how Eli would react.