Chapter Twenty-One

"You look nervous." Gabriel stated, his words speaking truth. His eyes examined mine as I continued to fiddle with my fingers, obviously biding time as I took time brushing my hair out and applying make-up.

Apprehension and fear ruled me, I was afraid that his parents would feel resentful and bitter towards me for keeping their grandchild a secret.

I had been tossing and turning all night, unable to sleep from overthinking the situation, how the evening could possibly go, considering both good and bad.

Not only that, but at the thought of our kiss last night.

His parents had already met Kennedy, they had been around her a lot while I was in Texas. But they were yet to meet me and I didn't want our first meeting to be full of hated and awkwardness.

Kennedy was always happy when she spoke about them, they seemed like good grandparents.

The type to spoil their grandchildren in every way they possibility could.

"I kept Kennedy from you and your family, I could have told them, but I didn't. I can't help but feel anxious of our first meeting."

He frowned at my admission; I couldn't help but show the sadness I felt. "They have no ill feelings towards you Lara, they wholeheartedly blame me. They understand your reasonings, they are just happy that they now have the opportunity to know their granddaughter as well as my mate."

His words sounded sincere and it didn't help that my heart fluttered when he mentioned me as his mate.

"If it makes you feel better, she called me a dick when I told her." He added, a slight smirk appearing across his lips. His expression along with his words making me smile, biting the insides of my cheeks at the thought of his mom calling him that.

I shook my head but smiled. "Okay." I breathed after taking a deep breath, my nerves calming. "We should get going, we'll be late if we don't leave in a minute."

"I'll grab Kennedy and get her into the car, I'll meet you down there." Gabriel said before placing a kiss on the top of my head. We had been more affectionate lately, especially last night when we had our first kiss since four years ago. My belly was filling up with butterflies as I thought about it. My wolf and his were desperate to do more but we were interrupted by Kennedy.

We had been more intimate in other ways, just simple kisses on the head, hand holding and cuddling but we weren't sharing a bed; I was still sleeping besides Kennedy.

I double checked my outfit in the mirror before heading downstairs towards the garage. Gabriel was just placing Kennedy into her car seat when I approached them, my eyes drifting to the cute yellow dress Kennedy was wearing.

"Mommy!" Kennedy squealed as her eyes caught mine, her smile brightening as I grinned back. My daughters presence calming my wolf and the nerves I felt.

The drive was short, their property only 15 minutes from the pack house. Their house was huge with a large driveway, there were over ten vehicles sitting on their drive, the sounds of music filtering through the air.

It was his twin sister's birthday party; they were turning fifteen and were having a family party to celebrate. Gabriel had mentioned that they were his only siblings.

I stared at the house as we pulled up, Gabriel putting his vehicle into park. He squeezed my hand, pulling me out of my trance giving me a reassuring smile before exiting the car and unbuckling Kennedy from her car seat.

I followed, closing the door once out and moving to stand next to him as we approached the front door, Gabriel holding my hand while holding Kennedy in his other arm. He requested I press the doorbell and within seconds we hear an excited scream.