Chapter 42: War*

Serena gently made sure the Abomasnow was okay and fed it a few berries to regain its energy "Serena..." I gulped. She pet the Pokémon a bit longer before facing me again "I-I..."

"You were so cool out there, Big sister!" I looked at her surprised "the grunts were after Abomasnow because they detected strong energy from it. You see that chain around its arm?" I looked at the Pokémon arm, seeing a mega stone attached to the chain "that's what they detected. It wasn't Abomasnow itself. This Pokémon belongs to a gym leader, and it wonders here without being bothered. Team Flare had to come here, and I'm so glad you came here on time"

"No problem... I was just looking for you honestly"

"I felt your presence coming! I was so happy that you were around! Thanks for finding me!" I smiled a little

"You know I always want to see you" I looked down "but right now... it's hard looking at you" I turned to the side "I'm so sorry for what I did. I lost something you worked so hard to get, only for me to lose it in one day. I'm so sorry... I really tried. I practiced and everything! I was really bad at battling... I never been that good"

"I find that hard to believe, but listen... it's truly OK because the only reason why I asked you to do that, was just an excuse for me to see you in action!" My eyes widened "being part of this gang, I prepared myself to lose a few things because of how much I put into being here and not telling anyone about it. I was expecting to lose my crown soon, but I turn to you and even if you would win or not, I actually just want to see how you express your talent. I'm not mad at you at the slightest! I'm actually really happy you looked like you were having so much fun and that was pretty much the whole point. I was prepared to lose the crown anyways, and if you won, that would of been great! But since you lost, it's not the end of the world. I love being in showcases so much that I wouldn't mind starting over, so don't look at me like that. The sister I know doesn't look down at herself" if only she knew about the last part "she's confident and doesn't let anyone talk down to her"

"Well, that is true... even your little friend, Aria, was trying to make me feel better, but I wasn't having it"

"I see... but don't look so down just because you think you lost my crown. It was going to happen anyways... no big deal. Your performance was beautiful by the way! And the way you battled here with your Porygon Z levitating the fire to be put in full effect on the opponents was actually really pretty! I'm sure one day if you decide to become a performer to become queen, we'll either have to fight for the crown or share it!" I blushed

"Why would I do that? It's not my style"

"But you were so cool!" I chuckled

"I'm honestly just glad you don't hate me..."

"Why would I hate you?"

"Trust me... there's so much of a reason why you should hate me" she looked confused before looking over my shoulder and gasped. I quickly turned around to see the scientist that ran away standing there with pure shock on her face

"Why are you still here?!" Serena gasped

"Y-you traitor!" I got Z to grab her before she got the chance to escape "l-let me go!"

"Oh no... my plan! What am I going to do now?"

"Don't worry" I threw B out and threw it towards the woman with Z keeping it on her face "she's not going to remember a thing... if she happens to remember, she can't speak a word of this to anyone" Serena put her hands together

"You can do that..? You're a life saver! How did you find out about this? Where did you get such a Pokémon?"

"I had it when I was little"