Chapter 1 ~ Bella Parker

The trees rush past as the car jerks back and forward on the bumpy road. My light brown hair flies around my head as I roll my window down.

The smell of trees hit me. I peer out to see no sign of civilisation. "Um dad where exactly is this place?" I ask turning to face him.

"Just down this area, we'll get there in no time" he says eyeing the vast woods. I roll my eyes at him. I look out of the window yet again. I notice little trails of brown paths going down from the woods. I try to get a better look but fail to see much.

The trees thin out after what feels like forever and the smell of the ocean hits me. I look out to see vibrant blue waves hitting the shore. We go in for a while until we enter a town area. It's pretty small with a vintage aura. I look towards the sidewalk to see people walking around.

What caught my eye is an old lady walking with the support of a stick as she stops abruptly and jerks her head towards the car. I look at her to see her looking straight at me. What makes me halt in my seat wasn't her torn gypse looking clothes but her eyes. They were a vibrant yellow. I blink once and suddenly she's gone.

I turn to my dad to see him calmly driving on. My eyes search for the lady in a heist. What in the world just happened. I'm either going crazy or hallucinating. My alert eyes dart across the town but everything seemed normal. Everyone going on with their everyday routine. I slump back in my seat and rub my hands over my face.

"You okay?" Dad asks as he lifts an eyebrow at me.

"Uh yeah" I say not looking at him.

"Look im sorry you had to move all the way here leaving behind your life and friends and stuff but believe me it's important" he says entering a street. I wanted to laugh at his sentence because honestly I didnt have many. There was nothing holding me back at beacon hills. If only he knew how happy I was to leave that town behind.

"No dad, really its fine. I get it" I say looking at him.

"Soooo there's something important to do here, business?" I ask him, looking at him from the corner of my eye. His grip on the steering wheel tightens a little bit as he looks for the new house.

"Yes" he says simply.

"So what type?" I push further.

"Bella" he warns. I know that was the end of this conversation. I wasn't to push any further. I sigh as he turns into a driveway. A grey two story house looms over us. He parks the car and I get out. He gets a phone call as he stays in the car to receive it.

I walk over to the house and see a small front yard and an average sized backyard. It was all lawn mowed and neat. A few flowers were blooming around the house. I walk further down the driveway to see identical houses to ours all clipped and neat.

The house directly in front of ours was different though. It was not neat at all. The lawn was devoured with knee high grass and weed. The house had a darker look to it. A kind of a murky aura.

My eyes flick towards the left window to see dim light flickering through. The curtain sways a bit as I see a light siloutte of a person. "Bella! Come on" dad hollers me over as I turn to look at him.

"Just a second dad" I say turning towards the house again but the person was nowhere to be seen. This strange, strange town.

I turn around and walk towards the house. I give one last glance to the house but it's gone back to it's normal eerie, motionless self. I enter the house and take in the interior design.

I smile as I notice all the vintage touches to the house. I walk up the stairs to see my bag already there. I walk to one of the two rooms upstairs and pick my room. I huff shoving my bag in the room.

Let's get to unpacking.

Oh the joy.