Chapter 12 - Liam Knight

"GOAL!" As I laugh out to Aiden, he shakes his head and a small smile appears on his face. We were playing soccer, tossing the ball around from one end to another after breakfast. Rebecca kept eyeing us. She certainly looked pissed, probably because we ruined her "perfect" high ponytail. Oops. Everyone else stood around by the meeting point waiting, as Aiden and I spot Mr. Davis hollering his way to the students, we race each other to the rest of the group making it just in time for roll call. I let him win this round and hang at the very back waiting for one more person.

"...Bella!" Mr Davis yells looking up from his gigantic clipboard, scanning the crowd. Everything quietens down, I hear footsteps, someone running with panting breaths.

"...She's here..." I yell from the back of the crowd, I smile as everyone turns to look at me.

I point to the direction of the double doors as it bursts open. There she stood. Her face was rose red. She wore a pastel blue hoodie and black jeans. She scans the crowd and a slow smile forms as she walks and stands beside me. Her hair was let down, bouncing around her shoulders. As she looks down, I reach and move a strand of hair away from her face. As I retrieve my hand and rub the back of my neck, she turns to look at me with a smile.

"Hey Captain" She whispers loud enough for me to hear, trying not to interrupt Mr. Davis.

"Hey Newbie" as I smile and slightly nudge her to start walking. We were headed to the other side of the cabins, for our first activity. Archery.

"You took your sweet time" I say as we walk side by side.

"Yeah, not exactly a morning person" She replies with a smile.

"So, how good are you at archery?"

"Better than you I bet" She gives a sneaky smile.

"Oh really? That sounds like a challenge" I laugh as I reply.

"That it is" She says while turning to look at me.

"Alright then it's on newbie" I say staring back a her as she turns away with a smile.

We watch others try their best while some fail horribly by holding the crossbow the other way, aiming at themselves. We try to contain our laughter looking at all those confused faces. Soon it's our turn and we give each other a smile.

We step up to the instructor and he guides us through the procedures. I steal a glance at Bella and watch as she ignores the instructor and looks towards her target. Inspecting it with a sly smile. We walk up to the launching point and get into our positions.

The noise of everyone around us dies down and in this moment it's just us and the target. We both glance at each other while a smile spreads across out cheeks. We release the arrow at the same time and the arrows hit the target board with a loud thud.

"Bullseye!" Someone in the crowd yells. A round of applause goes around and we look towards the target. I watch Bella jump around like a little kid who just got her favorite candy. I peer over at her target to see that her arrow had landed smack in the middle. I smile and look towards mine. It was right on the line between the middle and the second circle.

She runs over to me with a huge smile on her rose cheeks. I hold up a hand for a high five and she jumps up and high fives me.

"I did it!" She exclaims.

"You did it!" I say watching her with amusement.

As we move along to team building activities, we get split into two teams. Aiden and newbie were in one team and Rebecca and I were in the other team. Ugh.