Chapter 7 ~ Liam Knight

We walked for a while, through towers of trees and low green bushes. The familiar scent of fresh air, from the long rays of sunlight seeping through the leaves to the dark, dewy dirt on the forest floor. We reached the cliff, close to the edge stood a huge rock overlooking a scenery of Mystic Falls with the sun almost at set. I turn to Bella and she walks towards the cliff looking in awe.

"It's beautiful..." She gasps with a huge smile. She turns around and walks towards the huge rock, this makes me smile and before she says anything, I placed my right foot on the rock and balanced my way on top of the rock in a swift.

"You make everything seem so easy...how do you even do it?" She asks slightly leaning her head to her right while looking up to me, just simply standing and smiling like a maniac. I lend my hand to her and she takes it without haste, she manages to place herself halfway on the rock while holding my hand, as she howlers her way up she slightly slips, I quickly wrapped my arms around her back, before she could face an injury by falling. As she regains her balance, I start chuckling.

"You okay newbie?" I say with a smile as she lets go of me.

"Yeahhh..." She stretches the word while slightly chuckling. We both sit on the rock beside each other. I look at the blue, cloudless sky then turn to my right, Bella was staring off almost as if she was trying to memorise the scene bit by bit.

"You know the town isn't going anywhere...and so isn't this place" I say to her as she turns to look at me. She stares up by my forehead with her eyebrows raised and a slight smile.

"I know" she says as she lifts her hand and traces her fingers over the slight scar on the right side of my forehead.

"What happened? "she says, referring to the scar as she places her hand back on her lap.

"When I was younger, I was in a car crash, with my parents. I survived but they didn't." I answered after a while, thinking about my parents and reliving the moment of the accident brought a flood of memories to the surface. Happy ones and painful ones.
"I'm so sorry, it's okay if you don't wanna talk about it" she says quickly, probably hating the thought that she brought it up.

"No, it's okay... it's just that sometimes, sometimes some scars don't heal" I say as I turn around to face Bella. She stares deep into my eyes, pass all that pain and suffer, she finds that hint of spark and gives me a small smile.

"I know what it's like to lose someone...but, I know that you can brave through anything" she says confidently and smiles as she looks at the sun setting.

Without a word I look straight ahead as Bella lays her head on my shoulder, I smile at this little gesture. Silence falls upon us once again and we both look ahead. The colours of the sunset, the blue and the slight pink colour merging in with the fading yellow sun catches our attention.

"Thank you for showing me this place, it's beautiful" She whispers.

"My pleasure" I reply with a grin.

Sitting side by side, I found myself wishing this would never end and hoping there is more to come.