Chapter 2 ~ Liam Knight

It's the end of summer holidays which only means one thing, the beginning of a new senior year at Mystic Falls High. As soon as I heard the alarm "beep" I jumped out of bed, chucked on a pair of navy blue jeans and a black shirt with the compulsory school jersey. I ran downstairs and chucked on some black sneakers and set to eat breakfast.

At the kitchen table sat my cousin Aiden Walker with his thick brunette hair and crystal blue eyes, he wore the same school white and blue jersey as me with black jeans and blue sneakers. Beside him was my uncle, John Walker. He had his dark brown hair neatly combed, bright blue eyes and a huge grin on his face.

"Good morning!" I called out, trying to be as enthusiastic as possible even though I wasn't looking forward for school today. As I sat down to eat Uncle john got up and replied with real enthusiasm "Good morning, ready for school?"

"Yup, I guess" I replied.

"Well, good luck to you two, I have to go for work so see you guys in the afternoon" Uncle John said.

We said our goodbyes and Aiden and I set off for school in our black 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.

"You're making me co-captain for the Eagles!?" Aiden sounded surprised and excited.

"I'm captain, coach won't mind. So, How about it?" I said with a smile. Aiden is my best friend, teammate, and like a brother to me.

"Yeah! Definitely" he said with a huge grin.

I returned a smile and while staring outside, I went deep in thought for the day I would have ahead of me. There would be my best friends, football practice, school work and off course...Freshmen!