Chapter 11 - Bella Parker

The sun shines down harshly on my back as we all stand outside in the scorching sun. The bus ended up being late. My eyes sweep the crowd of people for a particular copper head and I don't see him anywhere. I check my phone and there were no messages from him either. If he doesn't come I'll go to his place and drag him here myself. The click of heels catches my attention and I turn around to see Rebecca fanning herself. She smiles her wide smile at me and walks towards me.

"Hey you" she says as she reaches me.

"Hi Rebecca" I say returning a small smile.

"The sun is going to be the death of me" she says to no one in particular and I nod my head along with Julie. Julie also gives me a small smile which I return. 

"And hey do you know when Liam's coming?" she asks me.

"He was supposed to be here half an hour ago. Guess he got a bit late" I reply. She nods and continues her chatter with Julie.

"Bell!" I turn around to see Aiden running up to me.

"A! What's up? Where is Liam?" I say as I look up to a frowning Aiden.

"He can't make it, something came up Bella" he says in sympathy as my smile dies down.

"Really? But we talked in the morning and he sai-"I stop in between as Aiden shakes his head.

"He said to say he was really very very sorr- ouch!" he gets cut off as someone whacks his head from the back.

"Stop pulling her leg you doofus" I hear the smile in his voice before I even see it. I look behind Aiden to see Liam. I smack Aiden on the arm.

"You stupid egg!" I say when Liam walks up to me. He smiles at me and I smile back at him warmly.

"Hey newbie"

"Hey captain" I say smiling cheekily.

"Where's your stuff?" he says looking at my bare hands. I point to two duffel bags on the nearby benches. His mouth makes an o shape and he goes to put his bag on the bench. He goes to walk back to where Aiden and I are standing when Rebecca meets him halfway.

"Oh man, there we go. The leech makes it appearance" he says and I burst out in laughter. I watch as Liam's eyes whip up and they narrow onto Aiden playfully and he turns to me and I'm still laughing. His lips turn upwards into a smile as he watches me.

"You are an idiot by the way" I say smiling when I look away from Liam back to Aiden.

"Yeah I know" he replies chuckling. We talk about our weekends and soon Rebecca and Liam join us. Rebecca was once again clinging on to his arm and he didn't look very comfortable. I stifled a laugh as I saw his eyes flick towards me, poor thing. We hear the distant sound of two beeps as we look to the school gates and see a big blue bus come through.

"Let's go people!" one of our teachers, Mr. Richards hollers and everyone goes to pick up their bags. I walk to the bench to get my stuff and Liam follows. I jump and squeal as Liam tickles me in the side all of sudden.

"You were laughing at my misery back there aye?" I laugh and swat his hands away.

"I am more sympathetic for your arm, it's always getting clung on to" I say when we reach the bench. He nods his head with wide eyes. I go to pick up my big duffel bag but Liam sweeps it from right under my arm. I get startled as he effortlessly swings it onto his shoulder, that thing was so heavy! I had to sit on the duffel bag and then close it, that's how packed it was.

"Liam! I can do it, don't worry. You pick up your stuff." I say but he simply picks up his duffel bag with his other hand and breaks no sweat. I stand there still taken aback.