Chapter 13

Yang POV

Where am I? I asked myself as I sat in empty abyss of nothingness. I feel empty as if something is missing and every muscle in my body aches with pain flooding every movement. I feel so tired, my eyes heavy, the pressure in my chest over whelming.

Then I feel something warm and almost soothing wrap itself around my waist and pull me back to something plush and soft cushioning me from the quick and hard impact. I can't see anything and I can't tell if my eyes are closed or open. I'm afraid, chills spiral throughout my body and seem to drown my soul in ice that seem to splinter it with every breath I take.

A cool rush of air hit my face, it felt harsh against my body but then I felt it become gentle against me, like gentle kisses of mother to its kin. I hear a gentle sweet angelic voice say "I love you, Yang. It's going to be okay." My heart aches with agony. The angelic voice attempted to seem strong and assertive, seemingly trying to assure me but with the person's wavering and shaky voice it seemed like they were trying to assure them self.

The voice made me want to reach out and I tried, I tried to reach out, to what? I'm not sure but that voice made me want to hold them. To tell them it was okay, to tell the person "I love you, too." The words seem to be stuck at the back of my throat, screaming to be said, but forever blocked by water that continues to steam against the fire that burns down my throat. I want to say those words, I want to hold them while they hold me so I can feel warm so I can feel whole again if I ever was.

The darkness and coldness that surrounded me seemed to get darker and colder if that was possible. I felt calm almost at peace, like there was nothing that matters, like I was free. I heard a sniffle. Thats was it.

That's all it took.

From what seemed out of no where, this energy and desire filled my body, like a fire was lit aflame within me. A will to win, a will to fight. Against what? I don't know, but I feel like I shouldn't give up, I fight against the darkness and peace. I force my eyes to open to see the light, to hear the voice of which the person lies behind.

The fire burning in the back of my throat takes over the water spills out of my mouth and several harsh and burning breaths had taken place. The darkness that surrounded me was slowly turning into black dots that soon disappeared. There replaced by a darkly lit cabin, only lit by a fireplace that burned with a tamed rage.

As my eyes roamed and my heavy wheezing mellowed, my lavender eyes landed on raven hair that shone with the fire adding warmth almost making it look like a dark brown. The hair was cradling an angelic face. I felt my eyes scan over her face. Her amber eyes seemed to battle with the flame's colors as the fireplace cackles in jealously. Her cheeks reddened as if she ran for her life. Her pink full lips were quivering and her hair from what I didn't notice before was all wet and messy but that didn't make any less beautiful.

I call out the angel's name. "Blake?"

The angel attempted to smile but the smile could barely reach her amber eyes. Her eyes then warmed up and she replied, "Yang...are we in heaven? I wasn't sure I was able to save you in time." I laughed though it came out raspy and more like a whimper the tears in my eyes threaten to fall.

"Yang, are you cold? Because you are shivering pretty heavily there." Blake said as she let out a shaky breath.

"I think we should get closer to the fireplace because I'm not the only one who is shivering." I said letting out a lopsided smile. She returned one brighter and reaching her eyes this time.

She nodded her head as she made me sit up. She brought me to the fire, which was only a few feet away but the warmth soon engulfed us whole, soothing my aching muscles and my pounding and nauseated head. We were both soaking wet but that's probably the warmest I felt. I felt Blake nuzzle her head into the crook on my neck breathing in my spicy and woodsy scent. I kissed her forehead and lavished in her scent, her naturally sweet earthy scent, like a flower fleshly birthed from the earth's surface. "I love you, Blake." I said emotion dripping from every word.