Flight of the Fat Lady

October came around, along with the Quidditch season. Harry returned one evening from a particularly good practice, and sat down next to Ron. He was copying out Castiel's extremely precise star chart that they had been asked to do for Astronomy. Hermione was watching him disapprovingly and Sherlock was attempting to teach John how to play chess, though he kept getting caught up in winning rather than teaching.

'Oh, Harry guess what?' Ron said, looking up. 'Hogsmeade weekend on Hallowe'en. You coming?'

'I don't think he should,' Hermione frowned. 'With Black still on the loose.'

'Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade. Ask McGonagall if you can go.'

'Ron! Harry's supposed to stay in school.'

Just then, a hand reached out and picked up Castiel's star chart interrupting them.

'Hey, this is a nice chart,' he said. 'Whose is it?'

It was Dean Winchester.

'Mine,' said Castiel.

'Damn, this thing is pretty much perfect. Oh hey, it's you!'

'Yes, Dean.'

'Smooth,' John sniggered.

'And you are?' said Dean.

'John Watson,' he said, shaking Dean's hand.

'Winchester?' Hermione said, suddenly interested.

'Yep, that's the one.'

He looked around and saw them all staring at him.

'What, we gotta go around the circle now?' he said. 'Fine, why don't you go first,' he said to Hermione.

'Hermione Granger.'

'Ron Weasley.'

'Sherlock Holmes.'

'Harry Potter.'

He shook each of their hands in turn.

'Cool, now that that's over with, can I borrow your star chart?' he said to Castiel.

'Yes.'

Dean grinned and sat down next to him, pulling quills and a half-completed star chart from his bag.

'How do you know Castiel?' Hermione asked.

'Long story. We met in a bathroom. It was a little awkward 'cause I was trying to skip Charms without anyone noticing.'

Hermione bit her lip, fighting the impulse to tell him off.

'You guys are third years, right? It'll be your first trip to Hogsmeade coming up?'

'Yeah, but Harry can't go. He doesn't have permission.' said Ron.

'Permission? What are you guys, eight? Just sneak out, duh. Fred and George could probably help you out.'

Hermione couldn't resist any longer.

'You don't understand, Dean. Sirius Black broke out of Azkaban to come after Harry.'

'Sirius Black? Well, that changes everything.'

'Really?'

'No, not at all. I have no idea who that is.'

Harry seemed unconvinced.

'I think I'll just ask McGonagall for permission.' he said.

'That's fair enough.'