Snape's Grudge

The castle was searched, however, Professor McGonagall returned to Gryffindor Tower in the early hours of the morning and informed them that Black had once again escaped.

Security was tightened the next day, Flitwick teaching the front doors to recognise a large picture of Sirius Black, and Filch began boarding up every crack and mouse hole he could find.

Ron was enjoying the attention being showered on him due to the last night's events, and soon everyone knew he was telling the truth when the Sir Cadogan was sacked and the Fat Lady restored to her position. She demanded that she have a group of security trolls to protect her, so from then on trolls roamed the corridor just outside the portrait hole.

Neville was no longer allowed to know the password into Gryffindor Tower, and had to wait outside with the trolls leering at him until someone let him in. He received a Howler at breakfast and John watched him flee the Great Hall.

'It's hardly his fault if he couldn't remember all the stupid passwords Sir Cadogan was giving out,' John said, shaking his head bitterly.

Hedwig then landed in front of Harry with a note from Hagrid.

Dear Harry and Ron,

How about having tea with me this evening around six? You can bring John and Sherlock and Casstiel. I'll come and collect you from the castle. WAIT FOR ME IN THE ENTRANCE HALL, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED OUT ON YOUR OWN.

Cheers,

Hagrid

So, at six o'clock that evening, they all met up in the Entrance Hall, where Hagrid was already waiting for them.

'Can Dean come?' Cas asked once they reached him.

''Course. The more the merrier. Dean..?

'Oh, Winchester, sir,' said Dean.

'Winchester? Aren' you meant ter be in my class?'

Dean grinned sheepishly. 'Uh, yeah, sorta.'

Hagrid rolled his eyes and led them out of the castle.

The first thing they saw on entering Hagrid's cabin was Buckbeak, tearing into a large plate of dead ferrets.

'What're they for?' Harry asked, pointing at an ugly, brown, hairy suit, with a horrid yellow and orange tie.

'Buckbeak's case against the Committee fer the Disposal o' Dangerous Creatures,' said Hagrid. 'This Friday. Him an' me'll be goin' down to London together. I've booked two beds on the Knight Bus...'

'Mycroft will be assisting in the defense of your case,' Sherlock said softly. 'He's very good at that sort of thing, though I'm not sure how much difference it will make.'

'No matter what the verdict, I'm grateful fer everything you and yer brother have done fer me an' Beaky,' Hagrid said, pouring large mugs of tea. 'I won' never forget it.'

'Think nothing of it. He doesn't deserve this treatment, especially from the likes of Malfoy.'

John looked at Sherlock and was surprised to see quite a genuine expression on his face.'

'What have I missed?' Dean asked, taking a sip of tea and wrinkling his nose at it.

'Draco Malfoy insulted Buckbeak and he attacked,' Cas explained to him. 'As I understand it, Sherlock's brother has been blocking it as much as he can, but he has not been successful.'

'Wait,' said Dean. 'Everyone knows that it's dangerous to insult a Hippogriff. He just did what Hippogriffs do, right? Case closed.'

'You'd have thought,' Sherlock said sourly.