Owl Post Again

'Do you think we should have gone with them?' John asked nervously.

'No. Only the two of them would have fit inside the chain anyway. I have complete faith in Hermione.'

'And Harry.'

'Of course.'

John chuckled at him and the door reopened.

Harry and Hermione ran back to their beds, breathless with triumph.

'Did you do it?' John asked eagerly.

'Yes!' Hermione gasped. 'We saved Sirius and Buckbeak!'

Madam Pomfrey opened her office door. 'Did I hear the Headmaster leaving?'

They nodded and she got back to bustling around the ward.

John grinned at Hermione and at last felt content enough to sleep. He got under the covers and was just drifting off when the hospital doors burst open once again.

Fudge, Snape and Dumbledore came striding into the ward. Dumbledore alone looked calm. Indeed, he looked as though he was quite enjoying himself. Fudge appeared angry, but Snape was beside himself.

'OUT WITH IT, POTTER!' he bellowed. 'WHAT DID YOU DO?'

'Professor Snape!' Madam Pomfrey shouted. 'Control yourself!'

'See here, Snape, be reasonable,' said Fudge. 'This door's been locked we just saw-'

'THEY HELPED HIM ESCAPE, I KNOW IT!' Snape howled.

'Calm down, man!' Fudge barked. 'You're talking nonsense!'

'YOU DON'T KNOW POTTER! HE DID IT, I KNOW HE DID IT-'

'That will do, Severus,' Dumbledore said quietly. 'Think about what you are saying. This door has been locked since I left the ward ten minutes ago. Madam Pomfrey, have these students left their beds?'

'Of course not!' said Madam Pomfrey, bristling. 'I've been with them ever since you left!'

'There you have it, Severus,' said Dumbledore. 'Unless you are suggesting that Harry is able to be in two places at once, I'm afraid I don't see any point in troubling them further.'

Snape ground his teeth, then whirled around and stormed out of the ward.

'Fellow seems quite unhinged,' said Fudge. 'I'd watch out for him, if I were you, Dumbledore.'

'Oh, he's not unhinged. He's just suffered a severe disappointment.'

'He's not the only one!' puffed Fudge. 'I'd better go and notify the Ministry...'

'And the Dementors?' said Dumbledore. 'I trust they'll be removed from the grounds?'

'Oh, yes, they'll have to go. Never dreamed they'd attempt the kiss on an innocent boy. Perhaps we should think about dragons at the school entrance...'

'Hagrid would like that.'

Dumbledore and Fudge left, and at last there was peace.

John settled back down and fell asleep, Sherlock's head resting on the bed beside him and their fingers curled together.

Dean was conscious by the next morning, cold, dehydrated and very, very hungry. He opened his eyes and tried to move, but the slashes across his back awoke with a deep, hot pain. A low moan escaped his lips and Cas appeared, looking very tired.

'You're awake,' he said, relieved.

''Course I am,' Dean whispered, voice cracking. 'You got any water?'