Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw

It seemed as if it was the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship.

Ron was so enraged by Hermione's repeated attempts to defend Crookshanks, that not even Fred and George could find a way to cheer him up. Harry, however, did manage to take his mind off Scabbers for a while, by inviting him to watch Quidditch practice- his first time with the Firebolt.

Cas and John were also eager to see it in action, so they, with Sherlock and Dean, accompanied Harry and Ron down to the Quidditch pitch for the final practice before the Ravenclaw match.

Madam Hooch was overseeing the Gryffindor practice to keep an eye on Harry, so she sat in the stands with Ron.

They watched Harry fly around the stadium at breakneck speed, becoming nothing more than a blur that caught the Snitch within seconds of its release.

Madam Hooch had fallen asleep by the time practice had finished, so the team returned to the castle, while Harry handed the Firebolt to Ron.

Dean leaned against the railing dividing the stands from the pitch, and watched Ron land slightly less than gracefully. Sherlock came to stand next to him just as Castiel took off.

'He's pretty good,' said Dean, watching Cas skim over the grass and pull sharply up to do a few smooth loops.

'Not a flier?' asked Sherlock as Cas touched down and handed the broom to John.

'Hell no,' said Dean. 'I hate flying.'

John was a little unsteady at first, but soon he was weaving between the goalposts and zooming the length of the pitch.

'Not bad, John,' said Harry as he landed. 'You should try out for the team. You look like you might make a good Beater.'

'Yeah, okay,' John scoffed, pink in the face from the wind. 'Let me know when you don't need Fred and George anymore.'

Night had fallen before Madam Hooch awoke and told them off for not waking her sooner. She insisted they go back up to the castle, and they encountered Crookshanks on their way.

Ron picked up a stone to throw at him, but he disappeared before Ron could do anything. He spent the rest of the walk raging about Crookshanks.

John woke up the next morning in an incredibly good mood and practically skipped down to the Great Hall.

Harry and the team were already there, admiring the Firebolt that had carefully been placed in the middle of the table.

'What're you so pleased about?' Harry asked.

John shrugged and grabbed a piece of toast.

'Sure you can handle that broom, Potter?' came a drawling voice.

Malfoy had come over for a closer look, Crabbe and Goyle right behind him.

'Yeah, reckon so,' Harry said casually.

'Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?' said Malfoy. 'Shame it doesn't come with a parachute – in case you get too near a Dementor.

'Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy,' Harry said, without missing a beat. 'Then it could catch the Snitch for you.'

The Gryffindors all laughed loudly and Malfoy stalked away.

A hand squeezed John's shoulder and he turned to see Sherlock siting down beside him.

'You look happy,' Sherlock said.

'Yeah,' John grinned. 'I feel pretty good today.'

Sherlock looked at him curiously, then smiled and shook his head.