1. WE BROKE UP...

Lacey

Travis is holding the ax and I have the camera pointed right at him. The tree is perfect. Now I just need him to get this bad boy chopped down and loaded in the Explorer, then we'll be good to go.

"Go ahead, babe, chop that wood!"

"Whatever you say, princess."

Sheesh! He can't let go of that name! Ever since our camping trip, the one that brought us together by some miracle of fate, because how else could anyone describe it, he's been calling me princess. I kind of hate it. But I guess there could be a lot worse nicknames...

"Just start chopping, kay?"

"Here goes..."he calls out as he pulls the ax back and then lets it swing towards the trunk. A dull thud rings through the forest as a small chunk of wood flies off of the tree. Somewhat unimpressive if you ask me.

"Huh, this might take a while." Travis comments.

"Well, keep at it, babe." I wink.

Travis continues chopping, making little progress. Mostly because the ax won't seem to hit the same spot twice. Beads of sweat are forming on his forehead, even though it's near freezing outside. He pauses to take his jacket off, then continues the awkward attempt.

"Getting any closer?" I ask.

Travis just shoots me a look that says are you kidding me? I just smile apologetically as he continues chopping. Well, more like hacking away at the trunk at this point.

I've taped snippets of the action but it's mostly Travis swearing and condemning Christmas trees in general. Since my goal is not making him look like a grinch, I'm planning to edit and add some music, make it more of a comedy thing. Maybe even increase the speed so it seems like it was supposed to look ridiculous.

Meh, anything can be edited to work somehow.

Finally, after what seems like an hour, the tree topples over. Travis throws down the ax and stands with one foot up on the trunk, hands in the air.

"I have triumphed!" he declares. "You, tree, are no match for the man with an ax!"

Thank goodness I was filming!

"Good job, babe. You killed the tree. Now let's get it tied to the car and head home."

He looks at me again like, are you kidding me? "Slave driver."

I just shrug.

"Give me a hand, at least. My arms feel like jello from swinging that ax."

"Aww, Mr. Works-out-everyday is a widdle tiured?" I ask in a patronizing tone while scruffing up his blond mop of curls.

"Yeah, Miss-doesn't-like-to-break-a-sweat-so-sits-on-her-tush-and-watches-me-do-all-the-work."

Again, I just shrug. He's pretty much right so I can't really argue with him. He steps closer to me, wrapping a sweaty arm around my waist and leans in to kiss me. His lips meet mine in an unhurried way, taking his time to linger there.

"Mmmm," I murmur with my lips still captured by his own. The tingles his touch gives me never seem to fade.

Travis pulls away slightly, and I look deeply into his blue eyes. "Now, grab the top end and I'll grab the trunk." he says in a sultry voice, as if he just made the most romantic statement in history.

"Your sweet talking needs some work, but okay. I'll help you out." I laugh as he smacks my tush then turns away from me to grab the trunk.

Just then, both of our phones ping with a text. We automatically ignore whoever it is and keep lifting the tree. Not ten seconds later, the pings continue, one after another. I loose count of the pings after the first few.

"What the...?" Travis says, putting the tree down near the car.

We both pull our sap covered gloves off and check our phones.

"Oh no!" I exclaim seeing the emergency texts from Sophie.

"You too?" Travis asks. "Luc is blowing up my phone with 911 texts. What the heck is going on?"

I read Sophie's last text and look up at Travis.

"They broke up."

^^^^^

And they're back! Did you think Travis and Lacey were going to break up? Aw, I wouldn't do that to you.

But Sophie and Luc are another story...

So, welcome to Life With Lacey, the YouTube channel all about the lives of these four friends. It will be set up just like Camping With Travis: short chapters from either Lacey or Travis' point of view and Clickbait chapters with social media and text screenshots included.

I would love to hear from you! And a vote wouldn't be bad either... 💋🎄