E4 - FINALLY!!!

Lacey

My eyes open to the sunlight blinding me. I instinctively reach up and cover my face with my arm, attempting to block the light. Then I feel my cheek get scratched and I gasp.

Pulling my hand away from my face, I look down to inspect the culprit of my wound and smile. It's real, he asked. The smile that breaks out across my face can't be held back.

"Morning, sleepyhead." I hear Travis say as he's coming into the tent.

"Hey," I squint over in his direction, still not used to the bright glow of the sun. "How long have you been up?"

"Since dawn. Couldn't sleep." He smirks at me, "too happy to keep my eyes closed." He leans down to kiss me, morning breath and all.

"I can't believe you did all of this. I knew you were up to something, but I had no idea it would be so..."

"Romantic?" He finishes for me.

"No," I say with a slight shake of my head and a grin, "although it was very romantic. I think the word I was looking for was elaborate."

Travis lays down next to me, stretching out along the pillows and blankets he set up in the tent to surprise me. The twinkle lights were turned off, which he insisted on the night before. He loved me, he said, but he wasn't about to be bug meal just for a sense of romance.

"You had to have had a clue, especially with the keychain and the date. I mean, what else would I have been planning but recreating our campout in order to propose." His arms wrap around my waist as I turn toward him, putting my arms around his neck.

"True. I knew you would take me here, to this camp site. I knew you'd have the glam tent set up. I knew it would be yesterday, or last night as it turned out." I pull his head down and kiss him, loving every second of joy this man has brought to my life. "However," I say as I pull away and look him in the eye with all seriousness. Travis looks back at me, slightly worried, if his expression is to be believed.

"Yeah?" he asks with concern in his voice. As if I was actually disappointed by what he had done. Like that was even possible.

"I was not expecting to make it to the top of the falls, standing next to the rush of the water as the sun set in front of us. I didn't think I'd hear you call my name in that tortured whisper you use when you need me more than you can stand. I had no idea I'd turn around to see you on one knee, so traditional, with an open velvet box held out to me. I couldn't have thought up the words I was about to hear you say, or the tears that would run down my face."

"I bet you could have predicted the tears, Lace. That's pretty much your go-to reaction to stuff like this," Travis says with yet another smirk.

"Ok, fine. The tears were a given. But the drone? That was intense. How long had you and Luc been working on that?"

"Since New Year's. When he and I were planning the Conte episode for Camping With Travis. It just came to me. Gabriel helped with the logistics while we hung out, too. Luc was hiding behind some rocks to pilot the drone during our sunset moment. He left right after, don't worry."

"Sounds like a conspiracy. Did Sophie and Jess know too?"

"No, just the guys. But I wouldn't be surprised if Gabe spilled my secret. He can't keep anything from Jess. I'm sure they know now, if they didn't before."

I laugh at that, "Probably." These guys with their girls could hardly keep anything to themselves. "Now, confess the truth. Did you have help with that speech?"

Travis mocks an insulted face, "Of course not! Those were words from the heart."

"Good, because I want to hear them again." I demand. "Now."

His eyes go wide, and I see him swallow deeply, "Lace, I don't think I could get through that speech again without loosing it."

"Try." I'm not taking no for an answer.

He swallows, clearly as nervous as he had been last night when he said the words that would bind me to him for life. Because I wasn't going anywhere.

"Lacey, I had no idea what I was in for when I met you. The second I saw you turn around to look at me for the first time, it was like my first breath had finally been taken. It was like I had found everything I had ever been looking for. You are my center. You are my heart. You are the one who makes me smile, and laugh, and the one person who drives me so crazy I can hardly stand still. I love you, Lacey, with every part of me. And I can't go another day without sealing this life of mine to yours. Will you marry me, Lacey Mitchell, and do life with me by your side?"

The ever present tears find their way down my cheeks, once again. "You did memorize that." I kiss him one more time. I can't get enough of him.

"I just wanted to be prepared." He shrugs. "So, should we watch the footage together? I've been dying to, but wanted to see it for the first time with you."

"And that's why I love you, Travis Black." I tell him and laugh again. "Life with you has already been amazing, and it's just going to get better."

"You got that right, babe," he says. Although I don't think either one of us can imagine a better life than the one we already have. "Just wait till the little critters start showing up."

Critters with Travis? Yeah, that sounds like our next adventure...but a long time in the future.

^^^^^

The final epilogue! And, no, Critters With Travis will NOT be another sequel, haha! Don't worry, the crew will probably show up somewhere again, in bonus chapters or in some special event like this summer's Wattpad Pool Party. So, keep your eye open for details!

The final clicks are coming, don't miss it!
💋💍

The final clicks are coming, don't miss it!💋💍