8. I'M SO SORRY, MAN...

Travis

After the cab drops me off, I make the short walk up to my porch, only to find a pile of wood where my chairs used to be. What the hell?

"Luc!" I call out. The wood of the legs is splintered, snapped in two. All of them. The pillows are no where to be found. I realize that I didn't actually jump with excitement when Lacey surprised me with the porch makeover, but dang! I also didn't expect my best friend to trash my girlfriend's hard work.

Not cool.

Luc opens the door. "Sorry, man. I kind of lost it for a while. I told you I was about to bust something."

I throw my hands up, "Dude! Why my porch chairs?"

"Was there something else in the house you'd have rather I busted?" He asks like I'm the dumb-crap in this situation. But he's right on one part. I can't think of anything I'd miss less than the chairs. Still, it was almost like he broke Lacey's stuff.

Again, not cool.

"Forget it." I walk past Luc and into the house, but not before smacking his cheek while saying, "cause you will be paying for replacements."

He takes the smack like a man, "Yeah, I got ya."

I put down my bag with the ax and my work gloves, a lot of good they did me since we had to leave the tree anyway. What a messed up day this has been. Seriously, it can't really get much worse.

Of course, my phone rings with a text the second that thought passes my mind. I check it to see that Lacey has some new dire situation happening with the tree. Crap.

Neither one of us needs any more issues to deal with. I turn to Luc, not having time to beat around the bush with the Sophie situation any more.

"Listen, whether you want to hear this or not, I'm gonna say it. Apparently your idea to have Sophie live with you was some sort of trigger for some fears about your relationship. She figures once you find out how she really is, you'll dump her. So consider this a preemptive dumping."

Luc didn't even make an attempt to stop my rant. He just stood there with his arms crossed and a look on his face. It was kind of like he thought she was crazy for even thinking like that. His mouth was hanging open and his eyes were wide.

"Are you freaking kidding me? That's what's going on in her head? Dang, woman!" He clenches his fists in frustration.

"Whoa, brah. Don't beat up on any more of my furniture. Dude, you've gotta join a gym or something, get some of this aggression out."

"Nah, I'm not gonna bust anything. I am, however, about to formulate a plan."

Plans. He and I don't do so well with plans. They tends to blow up in our faces.

"Calm down. Remember my plan to mess with Lacey's glamping trip? That didn't go too well." I remind him.

"What the heck are you talking about? That plan was brilliant! She's your freaking girlfriend now!" He throws his hands in the air.

He does have a point.

"Okay, what's your plan?" I concede.

"No clue. I'm gonna wing it." He says while rubbing his hands together. Like a mad man.

"Well, good luck with that. I need to give Lacey a call, considering there is yet another problem with her launch." I shake my head, still in disbelief about this entire day.

"Thanks, man." Luc replies absentmindedly. He's already in his own little make-up-with-Sophie world, not paying attention to a thing I said. He starts pacing the living room, grunting occasionally, and pulling at the ends of his hair. Psycho.

I just shake my head and walk to my bedroom, away from his lunatic energy, and close the door. Taking a deep breath, I hit the contact on my phone and call my girl. Dang, I love her. It's started to consume me and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep it in. It feels too soon to say it, even thought I'm pretty sure she feels the same way. After all this drama our two idiot friends have created, I'm just hoping the thought of forever with me doesn't freak her out.

Lacey answers immediately, causing a little tremor of excitement to rush through me. She still has such an effect on me.

"Two days, Travis! They're only giving me two days to get everything set up!! Help!"

Ah, crap. No time for romance, I guess.

"Okay, well let's get moving then, princess." I've got to upgrade that nickname soon. It doesn't really fit anymore.

Maybe once all of the launch drama is over I'll be able to call her what I really want...

^^^^^

And what would that be, Travis?? Looks like his little love bubbles are bursting with all of the issues they're dealing with lately.

Don't give up, bro!

Keep scrolling for Clickbait! 💋🎄