7. SHE FOUND WHAT?!?

Lacey

The cab pulls up to my complex, the same building that Sophie lives in, and I wonder if she's hiding in her place or mine. After her rant, I started thinking more about the fact that she has a key to my apartment but has never given me a key to hers. No matter how sloppy she is, she's got to know I'd love her anyway. Right?

Maybe she thinks the opposite, though. Her reaction to this whole situation is so over the top, I can't understand what must be running through her brain.

"I'll call in a bit." Travis says after kissing me goodbye. He's taking the cab back to his place to deal with Luc. I'm still not sure why we didn't just call separate Uber's, he would have been home much sooner. This cab smells, too. At least I don't have to endure the stench any longer.

"Okay. Wish me luck!" I call, stepping out of the open car door.

"Yeah, babe. You'll need it, I think you've got the crazier of the two on your hands." He laughs.

I laugh with him, "Maybe for today anyway. There have been times that I've wondered how you survive Luc's...personality." I keep walking up the path towards my complex. It's an older building with just a few units, lots of charm and a cute little pool. It's like something right out of old Hollywood. I love living here, but I feel like the time is quickly approaching for me to move on in life. And I plan to do so with Travis, as soon as that boy is ready.

Although with our current fiasco, that timeline might have just gained a few years. Sheesh! He's probably scared to death to even consider the next step with me after what Sophie is putting Luc through.

I hear the cab pull away, and a little piece of me goes along with it. I love him, so much. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way, especially with all his hints about kissing me even after his teeth fall out. But he's never said it, and I'm not saying it first. No way.

The front door of my apartment is closed, but I see it's unlocked as I try the knob. Soph is definitely here, not hiding off in her apartment in the back of the building. I walk in to find a shocking sight. Sophie is curled up on my couch, clad in her depression outfit of a grubby sweatshirt and messy hair, watching a Nicholas Sparks movie with an empty ice cream container in her lap.

"What the hell, Sophie?" I say as I step inside. "You're the one who broke his heart, why are you wallowing with Message In A Bottle? That movie could ruin you forever!"

"Wallowing is not accurate. I'm medicating my pain with more pain. Worse pain. You know, movie pain." She explains with zero emotion in her voice. "Besides, it's just confirming my long held belief that nothing good lasts. The second this dude was ready to let go of his dead wife and move forward with his new love, the ocean swallowed him."

"It's a movie. Based on a book. Fiction. It's not a documentary, Soph."

"Might as well be." She shrugs then lifts her eyes to look over at me, but not another part of her body moves in the slightest. "Got any cookie dough?"

I throw my hands up and walk into the bedroom. After trudging through the dirt, standing in a ditch, and riding in the smelliest cab in L.A., I need a shower. Sophie can hunt for her own cookie dough.

"Um, hello? You have company.." Sophie calls to me as I turn on the water.

"So it appears. You've made yourself pretty comfy already. Continue." I call back to her. Just as I'm about to jump in the shower, I hear my phone chime with a text. I glance to see it's Nicole, my assistant. She's probably got an update on the tree situation.

I decide to reply after my much needed shower. Hot water and solitude sounds just about perfect right now. Hopefully Sophie will be more reasonable by the time I get out.

But probably not.

^^^^^
Oh, Sophie. Honestly, watching a Nicholas Sparks movie is just asking for a depression fest.

Catch the Clickbait next!! Thanks for the votes, you are amazing!! 💋🎄