10. YOU'RE PLANNING TO WHAT?!?

Travis

Just as I finish packing the car, get in and start the engine, the passenger door flies open and Luc literally jumps in. He looks amped, like completely worked up. Something lit a fire underneath him, that's for sure.

"Bro, what do you think you're doing?" I ask, giving him a side glance and a raised eyebrow.

He drums his hands on the dashboard like a little kid on his way to Disneyland. I have some bad news for him, where he's headed won't be the happiest place on Earth if Sophie's there.

"I got me a girl to woo. Get hopping, man, I've got stuff to work out," he says while bouncing in his seat.

"If you act like this, she's not going to listen. You're on a sugar high and she's almost comatose. You're gonna scare her," I tell him while shaking my head and pulling away from the curb.

Luc has no response other than wiggling his eyebrows and smiling like a maniac. I've seen that look before. No good will come of that look. At least not for Sophie. I have a feeling it's headed for a hard crash and burn. I'm keeping that to myself for now, however. He's in no mood to listen to reason.

The drive takes three times longer than usual due to the rush hour traffic. L.A is always a nightmare, but anytime after three in the afternoon and you have to double your commute. That's one reason I prefer the outdoor life; I fricken hate traffic. Luc practically shoved his foot through the floor of the Explorer, pressing the imaginary gas pedal to get the car moving faster.

"I can't make the cars go faster, dude. Dang, chill out!"

"I don't have time to chill. Matters need to be addressed, problems need to be solved."

He's a man with a mission, I've got to give him that. And props for not giving up on Sophie. Those two are an equal amount of crazy, so it could actually work if they screw their heads on right.

After a solid hour of driving, my car is finally parked right behind the store at the service entrance. Luc is still acting like a lunatic on crack, but he leaps out of the car to help unpack. His manic state seems to be good for something after all. It only takes ten minutes to get everything through the delivery bay, then Luc is standing next to me, tapping one foot on fast forward with the opposite hand extended.

"Keys, man," He orders, not asks.

"What?"

"Give.me.your.keys," he emphasizes. Douche.

"And why would I do that?" I cross my arms and give him a hard stare. I'm going to make him crack before any keys are passed.

"I'll borrow your famous last words, Plans, my friend, big plans." Luc smirks as he puts air quotes around my borrowed words. When I said that, I had been planning to mess with Lacey, thinking I would have the upper hand. I never did though. Thank God, because if my plans had worked, I would have missed out on something truly great.

"Famous last words is right, which is why you're not getting my keys until I know who, what, where and why."

"So nosy. Lacey is rubbing off on you, man," he says. I give him a glare, warning him right now to leave Lacey out of this.

He puts his hands up, "Fine, fine. I'm 'bout to kidnap Soph and I need a getaway car. I'm taking her to see my place and talk her down from the ledge she's climbed on. This crap is relationship Suicide and I'm not having it."

Sounds about right. "No making up in the car. No speeding, and if she calls the cops, I'm not bailing you out."

"Perfect, hand them over and let's do this." He puts his hand out again. I hold the keys over his open palm and pause.

"Get one thing straight. There's no let's involved. This is all you, I had nothing to do with it."

I drop the keys into his waiting grasp just as he responds with, "Yeah, we can go with that."

What have I gotten myself into?

^^^^^

Bah! Hmmm, wonder if things will work out as Luc expects them to.

CLICKBAIT, PEOPLE!! 💋🎄