15. SOMEONE'S SALTY...

Lacey

Snuggling with Travis always puts me in a good mood. Well, usually. Except for today. I'm way too tired to be in a good mood. I need to save my energy for the launch, I can't be all grouchy with fans and new customers. So, unfortunately, that means I'm being a complete grouch to Travis. I feel bad, but it can't be helped.

"Is there coffee yet? The least you guys can do after hijacking my couch all night is to make some dang coffee!" I realize I'm yelling, but oh well.

"Remind me never to snuggle with you if we're only getting a few hours of sleep. You're a bear today. Just in case you were unaware." Travis is still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. I need him to move faster though.

"Whatever. Just get up, I need a sense of urgency from people today," I say without giving him a second glance.

"Whoa, princess. Try not to fulfill that nickname with too much attitude, would ya?"

I grind my teeth together so I don't say what I'm thinking at the moment. There is still a rational part of my brain that knows I'm being rude. That's the only thing keeping me from throwing my hairbrush at him. At this point it's better for me to just finish getting dressed in silence and then get a cup of coffee to go.

"Your silent treatment speaks volumes, babe. But I got the hint. I'll get ready and we can head out as soon as you want." Travis is already pulling his things out and getting dressed as he speaks. He really is the best guy, I should tell him more often. And I will, but not now. I don't need him to distract me from my task, and if I say anything remotely positive to him, he'll forget what he just said and start mauling me.

Instead, I give him a thumbs up without turning to look at him, which would also encourage him to misbehave. Then I exit my room and make my way to the kitchen, where Sophie is indeed fixing a cup of coffee

"Hey, you're finally up!" she says with a smirk. "I was wondering when you'd emerge from your cave."

"Shut it. I'm tired, you left to have it out with Luc, which I'm glad you did by the way. But we didn't get in until four, so bite me, thank you very much."

"Yeah, I figured it would be a late night. Sorry that I couldn't stay and help, but I don't think I would have done much good anyway. Oh, and sorry about your tree," she added.

I just brushed her off with my hand, "No worries. It ended up being a happy accident. I think the whole thing is better now because of that little crash."

Her eyebrows went up, "Oh, well now I'm really curious to see this thing."

As I stirred my coffee and cream, I wondered how the two of them had worked out their issues. "So, how are you two doing?" I made sure the boys were out of the area before asking. I certainly didn't want Sophie to know Travis and I had overheard their conversation.

"Good, I think. We talked about all of my...reservations, and agreed that I'd keep my place but spend most of the time at his." She shrugs as if it was no big deal. Like the last forty-eight hours hadn't been absolute hell on all of us.

"You know, I'm always here for you if you need to talk," I tell her. "I'm aware that I've been preoccupied but it was unavoidable. As soon as this launch is over, I'm all yours."

Sophie smiles, the first genuine smile I've seen for two days. "Yeah, I'm aware. And after working things out with Luc, I think there are a few things we should talk about."

I'm glad that she feels ready to let me into her world. I was worried that I'd have some secret knowledge about her and it would eventually slip out. Someday I'll confess about the butt dialed call, but not yet.

"Babe, you ready?" Travis asks as he enters the kitchen with Luc on his tail.

"Yes, I'm good to go. Let's hit it."

With that, we pile into Travis' Explorer and begin the drive to Melrose. My stomach is flipping out with nerves, hoping that the day goes smoothly. With the lack of sleep I've gotten, nothing is guaranteed.

As soon as Travis parks by the back entrance, I hop out, Sophie following close behind. I rush through the door, already unlocked by the team meeting me here this morning, and go directly to the centerpiece of my display. I was so tired last night, I'm worried that the image I had in my mind will turn out to be better than reality.

"Oh, Lacey!" Sophie gasps, "it's amazing!"

Guess not.

^^^^^

Okay, the Sophie/Luc drama seems to have been resolved, the launch is all ready to go, so looks like everything is all smooth and perfect.

Maaayyyybbbeeee not... 😉 There are some Clickbait clues, so scroll on!!💋🎄

 😉 There are some Clickbait clues, so scroll on!!💋🎄