8/27 - WE SAID WHAT?!?!?

Travis

I'm not nervous. Not at all. I mean, I know I'm pacing and that usually indicates nerves or anxiety, but I'm not. My palms are sweating, true. That could just mean it's warm. And it is. It's August for crying out loud! And I'm in a full on tux, in a tent. True, it's a huge tent and there is a breeze. But still, it's not from nerves in any way. Sure, I can't help how my thoughts are a complete jumble and I can't remember where my notes are, or what I did with the ring...

Oh damn! The ring! Where the hell did I put the ring? My hands are fumbling all over my suit, into every pocket I can find...and nothing. Now with the palms and the pacing, my heart is racing and I can't catch my breath. Fine. I'm nervous. I'm more then nervous, I'm freaking the heck out.

"Don't!" Luc yells at me.

I stop all of my movement and look at Luc. "What?"

"You were about to run your fingers through your hair. I know Lacey likes that messy look, but it's your wedding day and she'll kill me personally if you look like hell. Like you already do. Dang it, she's gonna kill me! I had one job, man, ONE JOB!"

His rant is taking my mind off of my rant. "What job? What are you talking about, bro?"

"Lacey just wanted me to keep you calm. She knows how you get."

I put my hands on my hips and look at my feet. I take a deep breath and blow it out slowly, then I look back up at Luc. "Done. I'm calm, bro. Job complete."

Luc eyes me, clearly not buying it. But I swear I'm calm now.

Except...WHERE'S THE RING? WHERE THE FU-

"Ow!" I shout as I grab my shoulder, rubbing the spot Luc just sucker punched. "What was that for?"

"I don't think Lacey will consider my red handprint on your cheek 'doing my job' but I had to do something. Bro, you are a freaking mess!" Luc is rubbing his fist, the one he punched me with. I'm definitely going to have a bruise for the honeymoon.

That gets my mind going again. Honeymoon, vows, ring...Crap! The ring! "I can't find the ring. That's why I'm freaking out." That, and the fact that I'm about to become a husband. I want this, I really do. But it's really real today, and I'm a mix of so many emotions I'm practically crawling out of my own skin.

"Easy. You gave me the ring about an hour ago, as soon as we got here. By the way, I thought you were having a destination wedding. I had a bag packed and everything."

"Dude, this is a destination wedding." I spread my arms wide.

"It's a camp out. That's not a destination. Hawaii is a destination, bro." Luc shakes his head.

"We had to shuttle everyone here and put up tents! That's a destination. Lacey wanted a glamping theme. It's sentimental." We picked the spot of our campout, overlooking the waterfall.

"Yeah, I get it." Luc brushes me off. "Come on. It's time."

Oh, dang.

***

The music is playing, but I don't really hear a thing. Luc is on my left, the minister on my right, and we're about to watch Sophie walk down the aisle. My nerves are barely under control, simmering just under the surface. I'm having a hard time swallowing, too. I don't want to disappoint Lacey because I haven't been able to pull it together.

Sophie makes it to the front and gives Luc a smile, then me a wink. "Breathe, big boy," she whispers. Like I need a reminder. But then I take a breath and realize I did need a reminder.

The music changes, I think. I'm not paying attention to anything except the end of the aisle. We are out in nature, there are no doors at the end of the aisle blocking my view. Just some trees and shrubs to one side of the ceremony site where the processional begins.

And then, she's there. All the air rushes out of my lungs at once. It's like seeing Lacey for the very first time when she turned around to look at me, surrounded by thirteen bags for our camping trip. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and I can't believe she's mine. Her eyes are glistening, I can see the emotion in them from here. Her feet are moving and she's getting closer to me. It's like she's floating. My fingers are twitching because I just want to wrap my arms around her. That's when I notice my nerves. They're gone. Completely and utterly calm.

And I know exactly why.

Lacey isn't just mine, I'm hers. This isn't us saying "I will" or "I do." This is us saying "of course." We are meant to be together. It all started right here, this exact spot I'm standing in and the exact spot Lacey is walking towards. It's where I wrapped my arms around her for the first time and she wrapped herself around my heart.

I love you, I mouth to her. She does the same thing.

Let's do this.

^^^^^

As promised, our two favorite couples are back!! Clickbait is next!