― t w o. An Attack on one is an Attack on All

CHAPTER TWO
" In the daylight, I'm your sweetheart, You're goody-two-shoes prude is a work of art "

CHAPTER TWO" In the daylight, I'm your sweetheart, You're goody-two-shoes prude is a work of art "

I hated the bruises on my knuckles which were a constant reminder that I got into a fight. I hid my fists in my sleeves throughout the day while I was at school so no one would notice and comment about it.

     I was a freshman in Riverdale High. Everything was fine about this school until Jason Blossom's murder. Everything from then on went to shit.

     The only redeeming facet about Riverdale High was Lzzy Hayes, a tall-slim build girl with long blond hair. She was a senior studying her last year in school, and also the supplier for my cigarettes.

     Lzzy was popular for many reasons depending on what you heard about her. Either it was the rumour that she was a slut or that she was the only Southside Serpent who was a Northsider.

     A few months ago, in the midst of the Jason Blossom's murder drama, Lzzy was having an affair with Fp Jones, the leader of the Southside Serpents and also Jughead Jones' dad. I knew about the affair but was neutral about it.

     When Jughead eventually found out about their affair, he was (obviously) furious. It also affected my friendship with him as I knew about the affair but did not tell him about it.

     Lzzy joined the Southside Serpents shortly after Fp was arrested. She received many criticisms from school but she really did not give a fuck about it.

     Despite her bad reputation, Lzzy was actually the bestest friend to have. She was outgoing, kind and understanding. Lzzy was actually a stunning person if you looked past the bad things people said about her.

     Since Lzzy was a senior and I was a freshman, we did not get hang out much in school. We would greet each other whenever we saw each other in the hallway. The only times when we hung out was when we smoked together at the back of school.

     I knew immediately when I stepped into school that Lzzy was gonna be under fire for being the only Southside Serpent in school. With no one to defend her, Reggie and his gang were surely going to target her for last night's ordeal.

     I stalled around the hallway hoping to catch a glimpse of Lzzy so that I could go talk to her. When I saw Lzzy standing by her locker, I went up to her and greeted her, "Hey, Liz."

     Lzzy turned around surprised to see me. "Oh hey, Kenna," she greeted back. "By the way, your brother is a dick."

     "You told me that before when he went and spray painted the Southside," I reminded her.