― f o u r. You Don't Know Me

CHAPTER FOUR
" We're the boys in black smoking cigarettes chasing girls who didn't know love yet "

CHAPTER FOUR" We're the boys in black smoking cigarettes chasing girls who didn't know love yet "

I dragged my feet to Pop's but unfortunately the walk from the bridge to Pop's wasn't far. Granted, getting to any side of Riverdale wasn't far, it was a small town anyways.

     I dreaded going to Pop's ever since the shooting. I get uneasy whenever I entered the diner, which was why I usually avoided the place. I go anyways as it was a way for me to combat the uneasiness.

As I approached Pop's, a group of obnoxious bikers hanging outside the diner caught my attention. When I got closer to the diner, I could tell that it was the Southside Serpents. There was no sight of the Sweet Pea guy. Thank god, I didn't need another problem to be the cherry on top of my anxiety.

     I sped past them and towards the double doors. I gulped as I placed my hand on the door of diner. Feelings of uncertainty building up inside me. Pop's was crowded with people at the moment, and the idea of the Black Hood attacking a diner filled with people seemed unlikely.

     I thought "Fuck it" and pushed open the door that rang the bell that would forever send shivers down my spine. I winced and froze at the entrance. Like a flashback, I was immediately reminded of the day that my father was shot by the Black Hood.

     An array of images started flashing in my head. I arrived at Pop's early in the morning with my dad and waited for Archie. When Archie arrived, he went to the washroom, and the door bell rang again then there was shouting. My first instinct was to duck behind the seats after seeing the hooded figure waving a gun around. Hoping that my dad would do the same but instead he stepped out of his seat at the same time when Archie came out of the washroom. Things happened so fast. I lunged to pull my dad aside right as Archie dove in front of the Black Hood. However, the bullet travelled faster than our actions and our dad was hit.

     I snapped back to reality, and realised that I've been standing at the doorway of the diner, blocking the exit. I shuddered and shook away the thoughts, and approached the counter where Pop was standing.

     The only thing was, Pop was not the only person standing by the counter. My eyes fell upon the Southside Serpent jacket that a very tall gentleman was wearing.

     It was the Sweet Pea guy. Fuck.

I should probably start growing used to the routine of bumping into Southside Serpents where ever I go.

     "Evening, Kenna," Pop cheerfully greeted.

     Out of the corner of my eye I could see the Sweet Pea guy side-eyeing me, which meant that he was aware of my presence as well.