― t w e n t y. I Put a Spell On You

|| CHAPTER TWENTY ||

I woke up fairly early in the morning despite it still being the winter holidays. I guess remnants of last night still lingered in my mind and kept me awake. So what does that mean for Sweet Pea and I? Were we dating now? I hope so. I decided to drop a 'Good morning' text to him just in case.

In my inbox was a bunch of text notifications from Lzzy at 3a.m asking me to call her. It got me worried because what was so important that Lzzy had to ask me to call her at 3a.m. I decided to dial her number even though I think it was too early for her to pick up.

The line rang a few times and was quickly answered at the other end. "When-were-you-gonna-tell-me-you-and-Sweet-Pea-were-boning?" she practically screamed into the phone.

I was stunned. I decided to sit up. "We're not," I replied, "How did you know?"

"Ghost saw you two making out in the parking lot!" she continued to scream.

     Of course he did.

     "Why didn't you tell me you were into Sweet Pea?!" she asked.

     I rubbed my eyes, it was too early for this. "Cause' it's embarrassing," I admitted, "Also, we weren't making out. We just kissed."

     She screamed happily into the phone, I had to pull the phone away or I might go deaf in one ear. "I'm happy for you!" she was still screaming. "You fucking bitch!" she cursed, "Next time you have a crush, especially when it's on a Serpent, tell. Me."

Yup, this is embarrassing.

"What are you doing up so early anyways?" I changed the topic, "What time did you wake up?"

"What do you mean?" she asked, "I haven't even slept."

     I quickly ended the conversation then ended the call. I was fully awake by then. I peeled away the blanket and headed downstairs to see if anyone else was awake. I found my dad at the dining table drinking some coffee and reading the morning newspaper.

"Morning, dad," I greeted.

"Good morning, Kenna," he looked over the newspaper, "What time did you come home last night?"

I poured myself a cup of coffee from the coffee pot. I replied, "Like two, three a.m?"

"Huh," he said, "Must be a great party. You didn't drink last night did you?"

I scoffed, "No dad. Here," I stood in front of him, "smell me."

"Not necessary," he put his hand up.

I laughed and took a sip of my coffee. Honestly, good on my part for not drinking last night. I wanted remember everything that happened exactly as it did. And also so I did not stink of alcohol when I kissed Sweet Pea.

He continued, "Are you wearing the same clothes as yesterday?"

Oh shit, I am. I came home so late last night and was so tired that I forgot to change. At least I did not sweat so I did not smell but I should probably still go take a shower.