― e l e v e n. Who Died And Made You The King?

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Here," he handed me a red flannel, "to cover yourself

"Here," he handed me a red flannel, "to cover yourself."

     I took it and thanked him. I started slipping into his flannel which was ridiculously oversized. I mean, he was twice my size. I looked like a hobo. Oversized flannel, ripped hoodie and jeans, fits the bill.

     "You own a shit load of flannel," I commented, adjusting into the flannel. "You're like my dad." And like every other guy in Riverdale.

     "Uh. . . Thanks?"

     "You're welcome."

     We exited the trailer and started making our way to the Whyte Wyrm, which wasn't so far from the trailer park.

     In the distance I could see the signage for the bar; an eerie image of a snake with the words "Whyte Wyrm" next to it. Outside, rows of motorcycles lined up along with pickup trucks.

     As I got closer to the bar, I could hear music blasting from the inside. Dozens of Southside Serpents loitered outside the bar, any one of them looking like they would beat you up if you bat an eye at them.

     We entered the bar and a gush of (surprisingly) homey smell overwhelmed me. The atmosphere felt like a wooden cabin with a nice fire cackling in the fire pit. It eased me up from the tension I got from the angry bikers outside.

     This was where I'll be working in.

     Nice.

     Right at the entrance of the bar was the bar to the left. That's a mouthful. There sat Lzzy and Ghost on barstools. Lzzy had a glass of what looked like soda, half-drunk on the countertop.

     Beside them were numerous pool tables where the Serpents were playing pool. To our right was a stage, with poles and- pole dancers. . . Next to the stage was a staircase to somewhere, and round tables where people were drinking beer and chatting.

     Lzzy spotted me almost immediately after I entered the bar. Her eyes lit up and she stopped midway into sipping her drink. "Kenna Marie Andrews!" She called out and spread her arms out in a dramatic fashion, "Welcome to the Whyte Wyrm!"

     My lips curled into a cheeky smile. I shook my head as I approached her. "You don't have to keep using my full name," I said.

     "Oh, but I am going to anyways- Kenna, you look like hell," she said when I was standing right in front of her.

     I must be.

     I mean I have a busted lip and the cuts on my hoodie was peaking out of the flannel.

     "Yeah? I just got back," I took a swig of her drink.

     She shifted her attention to Sweet Pea who had been trailing behind me the whole time. Her eyes were glued onto Sweet Pea who walked past me to join his friends at the pool table.